What's new

Show Some Love for MAMA'S FAMILY (1 Viewer)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
there's a lot of people who want Mamas Family. I hope Warner can release the NBC episodes in one swift swoop (release seasons 1 and 2 together), because the syndicated episodes is really when it got good IMO. I liked Carol and Betty's appearences but I felt the show really hit it's stride when Bubba and Iola came onboard.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I LOVE Mama's Family ! I did read an article that said the studio that owns the show had no plans to release it in the near future. But there are likely lots of other shows they have to deal with as well. I'm wondering if the show's constant running in syndication is part of the problem. I'd like to see uncut episodes, of course. I'm guessing the first 2 seasons won't be released together as they contain 35 episodes between them.

The best thing is to keep writing and emailing the studios to please release your favorite shows. Hopefully uncut with outtakes, bonus material, etc. Does anyone know how to contact the Mama's Family owners ?

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

I'd buy Mama's Family before those two. Mama's Family does have a bigger following than you think. It has never been out of the rerun circuit since it ended in 1990. I would gladly buy all six seasons.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4733

Looks like Warners is considering releasing it...YAYYYY !!!! According to a post by David Lambert, Mama rose to #11 on tvshowsondvd's most wanted poll. High confidence since there's about 2 billion shows on that poll. So...what can we do to convince Warners to go ahead and release this show?? Send them chocolates? Cards? Balloons? Strippers? I'm probably Mama's biggest fan...or at least in the top 10; this is one dvd I've wanted more than anything.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
There's 6 seasons, 130 episodes. The first season is 13 episodes; that's only 1/10th of the series! lol Seriously, I'll buy all six, gladly. And it would nice if they could include, as extras, the "Family" sketches from the Carol Burnett show...it's doubtful that will happen, but a nice thought. Even nicer would be if they'd find a way to release the "Eunice" tv play that the cast performed...I think this may have been circa 1982, a short while before Mama's Family premiered.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I hope seasons 1 and 2 are packaged together, that way if season 1 sales aren't so hot, we still have all of the NBC episodes. I love both eras of the show but the ones with Carol and Betty are definately the best IMO

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I'm in. Now I wonder, how many Mama sketches were on the Carol Burnett Show? Given the low episode count of the first season they could pad it with all of the sketches.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I watch this for an hour every...single...morning when I get up (6 am TBS). I will most definately be there on street date for season sets.

It should go without saying that no season sets equals no sale.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'll be picking up season sets, assuming they're uncut, of course.

The syndicated years have shorter running times anyway. I have some taped off WWOR when they first aired and they run about 21 minutes

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
I love Mama's Family!!
I started watching it about a year ago on TBS every morning before going to school. Very funny show, and I will definitely buy it if and when it comes out.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Count me in as another who would pick this up in a heartbeat. I grew up watching this show in the 80's and still enjoy it as much today. I'd personally like to see the first 2 seasons packaged together. This way, the original network run would be completed in one shot. I really hope this one gets the green light. I'd buy it in a split second.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Mama rules ! I had heard earlier that there were no current plans for this to be released but perhaps that will change. I believe there might be too many episodes if the first 2 seasons were combined. I'd actually prefer that the first season be combined with the TV movie Eunice where the charcaters were reprised after the Burnett show went off the air and Ken Berry played a different son. It was Carol's idea for Vicki to star as Mama in the spinoff.

I too am hoping to get uncut episodes since I have not seen those versions since they first aired in the early 80's before most people even had a VCR. I'm also hoping they are presented in the proper order as the early episodes seem to air out of order in syndication. You see Vint and the kids already living in Mama's house and then a few episodes later you see them move in. Perhaps the production schedule worked around the schedule of co-star Dorothy Lyman (Naomi) who was also starring in her two-time Emmy winning role as Opal Gardner on All My Children.

Mama's Family. Where insanity is all relative.

Brandon_D

Stunt Coordinator
Great News about Mama's Family. Now all someone needs to do is release season sets of The Carol Burnett Show!!

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
YES!!

All right! Please put out ALL 6 seasons of the show.

A note to ALL of the studios presenting TV shows on DVD:

NO more teasing with a season or two, then, "Sorry, sales did not support this product."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks