What's new

Shout! Factory TV Series Status Page (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Well let's see assuming it were Sony and if they're still on a Norman Lear kick it would be either "The Jeffersons" or "One Day At A Time". Neither of which would really excite me since at most only one more Jeffersons season for their "Who Shot JR" parody episode would have interested me.

Can't alas be the final season of "Baa Baa Black Sheep" since the last one was released two months after MHMH was first released so that means it's not longer than MHMH. The only other Universal title that could be possible would be "McCloud" which would excite me, but I won't hold up hope. (Of course when it comes to Universal titles, Shout would be well-advised to finish what they started with Ironside and Marcus Welby MD).

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Archie Bunker's Place...?

*sells soul to devil to make it so*

Don't worry, I had an extra soul laying around and gave horned one that. I'll be fine.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
With CBS showing a willingness to license (Mod Squad), I'm just wondering if we might see something like Bilko, My 3 Sons, Or Barnaby Jones.

One non-CBS possibility, Big Valley also occurred to me.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I wouldn't predict the resue of any Fox titles at this point much as I'd dearly love to see "The Big Valley" rescued from oblivion.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
If by 'longer than MHMH' Neil means this secret show has been stalled that long, it wouldn't be ONE DAY AT A TIME since S1 of that show came out in Spring 2007 AFTER the Volume 1 of MHMH.

My guess is that they've finally worked out the kinks with GREEN ACRES (S3 was released in Dec 2005) and Shout is bringing us the complete series. In light of the recent announcement about PJ and BH, this is awesome news if my guess is correct.

On the other hand, Shout seems to be going like gangbusters on finishing off Sony properties, so it could be they are planning on a box set of THE JEFFERSONS, ARCHIE BUNKER'S PLACE, THE FLYING NUN, TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT, FAMILY or HART TO HART. All of these have been stalled longer than--or in the case of THE JEFFERSONS--as long as MHMH was stalled.

I wish it were MAUDE or ONE DAY--but with each series they complete, the chances improve of these ones getting their due someday.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
My guess will be LOVE BOAT, simply because CBS has licensed other shows recently, and the transfers are supposedly remastered. I suspect whatever they do will be a complete series release, as they've been doing recently with other classic TV shows (Dobie Gillis, Mary Hartman).

However, I think LOVE BOAT hasn't been stalled as long as Mary Hartman, so who knows?

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Kasey said:
If by 'longer than MHMH' Neil means this secret show has been stalled that long, it wouldn't be ONE DAY AT A TIME since S1 of that show came out in Spring 2007 AFTER the Volume 1 of MHMH.

My guess is that they've finally worked out the kinks with GREEN ACRES (S3 was released in Dec 2005) and Shout is bringing us the complete series. In light of the recent announcement about PJ and BH, this is awesome news if my guess is correct.

On the other hand, Shout seems to be going like gangbusters on finishing off Sony properties, so it could be they are planning on a box set of THE JEFFERSONS, ARCHIE BUNKER'S PLACE, THE FLYING NUN, TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT, FAMILY or HART TO HART. All of these have been stalled longer than--or in the case of THE JEFFERSONS--as long as MHMH was stalled.

I wish it were MAUDE or ONE DAY--but with each series they complete, the chances improve of these ones getting their due someday.
Sony and stalled longer than Mary Hartman = Who's The Boss.

Yeah, I know, a long shot.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
If it were "Hart To Hart" that would excite me since its the only long-term stalled Sony title of interest to me ("Fantasy Island" is not long-term stalled at this point, but stalled again nonetheless). "Flying Nun" I'm surprised they didn't release sooner as it has only needed one release to be complete and considering they did finish out other one season needed only titles like "Here Come The Brides", "S.W.A.T" and "Hardy Boys", this would have seemed a natural for them.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
The Obsolete Man said:
Sony and stalled longer than Mary Hartman = Who's The Boss.

Yeah, I know, a long shot.
Without doing the research to see if it meets all the criteria laid out for us, I'll say this as well since I predicted it last time. And while I wouldn't buy it, I do have a good friend here who would so I'm hoping it's either that or Love Boat. Either will make my friend happy. Unless Shout strikes a deal to release Lassie or some other b/w series, I'm probably not going to be interested in anything Shout releases from this point going forward. But I'm very thankful for what they have put out in the past. But for them I'd not have complete sets of Father Knows Best and Leave it to Beaver, among others.

Gary "fearing that the golden age of TV on DVD is quickly fading - at least for me it is" O.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
IntoIt said:
Kasey, which episode of Maude with Bea Arthur is your avatar from?
The screen cap is from the S3 episode "Vivian's Party" in which Maude furiously throws herself into making preparations for a fancy dinner party with prominent guests only to discover that she and Walter are not even invited. It's one of the best episodes with awesome line readings by all, but Bill Macy really shines during the "Fay Wray" sequence--check it out. Someone has it posted on Youtube.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
If we're talking about a show that's been stalled for even longer than Mary Hartman was, then going by the release dates on Amazon, it wouldn't be The Jeffersons because the last season released (Season 6) came out on the same day as MH, MH Vol. 1 (March 27, 2007) and not earlier. Also, One Day At A Time came out a month after MH, MH (but hopefully someday it too will be unstalled).

Neil didn't specify that it would be another Sony property, but if it is then Hart to Hart (not counting the later TV movies) and Archie Bunker's Place have been stalled longer than MH, MH. I'd be happy to finally get the rest of either of these shows.

If it's not a Sony show, I couldn't begin to guess. Barnaby Jones and My Three Sons have been mentioned, but both had their last releases in 2010. I agree with Jack that I'm not expecting it to be anything from Fox. (If it were, though, I'd have my fingers crossed for Hill Street Blues.) Also, I have a feeling if McCloud ever gets unstalled, VEI will be the company to do it rather than Shout.

So there may be an obvious choice I'm missing, but I'm stumped.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Gary OS said:
Without doing the research to see if it meets all the criteria laid out for us, I'll say this as well since I predicted it last time. And while I wouldn't buy it, I do have a good friend here who would so I'm hoping it's either that or Love Boat. Either will make my friend happy. Unless Shout strikes a deal to release Lassie or some other b/w series, I'm probably not going to be interested in anything Shout releases from this point going forward. But I'm very thankful for what they have put out in the past. But for them I'd not have complete sets of Father Knows Best and Leave it to Beaver, among others.

Gary "fearing that the golden age of TV on DVD is quickly fading - at least for me it is" O.
2elv0vc.jpg

2j0gn5w.jpg

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Ok, here's my guess. Stalled longer than Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman? If it isn't Sony, then I would have to say Baretta. That's been stalled since God was a child. Has to be Baretta. It's the one show in my entire collection that has been stalled the longest.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I believe we've been hearing stories that the tape masters for the remaining seasons of "Baretta" were destroyed in the Universal fire which would necessitate making new masters from the 35mm and there's no way Shout is going to spring for that.

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
Well I know this may be a long shot.....if it's NOT a Sony Property, I am wishing (and hoping) it might be "The Drew Carey Show" (A Warner Brothers Property). Shout! Factory did release "Norm" a couple of years back, which is a WB property. And "The Drew Carey Show" has been stalled as long as "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman". I know....it's probably just a dream I am hoping for. I don't know if Shout! Factory can get thru the music rights, which is why this show is stalled.

But since Shout! Factory is on a roll with Sony Properties (Complete series sets of "Barney Miller", "All In The Family" and now "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman"), I would love to see either "Hart To Hart", "Jeffersons" or "One Day At A Time" released by them.

The ultimate guess, at least for me, would be "Knots Landing", which is also a Warner Brothers property. But I heard that Warners is considering releasing "Knots Landing" thru their Warner Archive program (like they did with "Falcon Crest").

In any case, whatever Shout! Factory is planning to announce soon is exciting news!!! Hope it's worth the wait!!!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
As much as I would love to see My Three Sons it has music rights issues and I know Shout will not have the money to clear them or spring for music replacments like CBS/Paramount Did so that one will have to come from CBS or no one.
Big Valley I would love as well but it is controlled by Fox so we can throw away the key on that one.

Frank Soyke said:
With CBS showing a willingness to license (Mod Squad), I'm just wondering if we might see something like Bilko, My 3 Sons, Or Barnaby Jones.

One non-CBS possibility, Big Valley also occurred to me.

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
Neil Brock said:
Those Shout boys, they done it again, rescuing another abandoned series that gonna make you folks pretty happy. All I can say is that this one has been longer than MHMH was. Can't say any more, otherwise I'll have to go into witness protection. Its not Maude.
I am taking ANOTHER stabbing WILD guess....Neil, based on your post, by any chance were you giving us another clue with your "witness protection" comment. This is probably the most far fetched guess, and it's an HBO/Warner property, but "The Sopranos" on BLU-RAY has been stalled for awhile now and considering Mr. Gandolfini (Tony Soprano) past away this year.....could it be this show? I know I am answering my own question (meaning no), because more than likely HBO/Warner would release this show themselves. I just thought your "witness protection" statement might be another clue....LOL :)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Randy Korstick said:
As much as I would love to see My Three Sons it has music rights issues and I know Shout will not have the money to clear them or spring for music replacments like CBS/Paramount Did so that one will have to come from CBS or no one.
Big Valley I would love as well but it is controlled by Fox so we can throw away the key on that one.
I'm all in if it happens.

yf3mx.jpg

It'll be a tough road.

dls2zm.jpg

The Fox Vault...monitored via remote video. Any safecrackers in the house? Maybe Barney Collier (Mission:Impossible) can be persuaded to come out of retirement for his last job :lol:

[Barney] "Accessing Perimeter Security.....perimeter neutralized."

"Jim, it's a 'Chambers-Riley' tumbler with a titanium enclosure and a standard time-lock. Alarm bypass completed. Piece of cake."

"Jim, you are 'go' for approach."

[Jim] "Copy that. Willie, meet me in the vault chamber."

Imagine the mob scene that would ensue if that vault is penetrated :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks