Shout! Factory TV Series Status Page

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by TVonDVDJunkie05, Aug 18, 2011.

1. TVonDVDJunkie05

TVonDVDJunkie05 Second Unit

Nick
  2. Vahan_Nisanain

Vahan_Nisanain Supporting Actor

Vahan_Nisanain
    Oh, please let it be true.

Not a Shout title, but Jack P has been waiting for VCI and Fox to be together again, too.

3. Jack P

Jack P Producer

I'll settle for Fox and ANYONE if it means I'll get "Burke's Law", "Big Valley" and "Bob Newhart" some day.

4. The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man Screenwriter

Robert
    That's Hazel season 5. There was no S6.

But still... cool. And the NYPD deal gives hope again for Rhoda, Mr. Ed, and others.

5. Vahan_Nisanain

Vahan_Nisanain
    Side note, but whatever happened to Cliff M.? Does he still work for Shout Factory?

6. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
    I'm still hoping for Belvedere, Rhoda and Mad About You to finally finish up their series/releases on DVD, so now there's some hope that it could happen next year, judging from the release news of these three series, especially for Hazel.

7. TVonDVDJunkie05

TVonDVDJunkie05 Second Unit

Nick
    Sorry my mistake, in my excitement to post the news I inadvertantly posted the wrong number.
    *If* this deal signifies that Shout! & Fox are back on good terms (this could just be a one off with this title) then I think there might be some hope that Rhoda & Mr. Belvedere might be completed at some point. From what I had seen at the time, it looked to me that both these titles had done well for Shout! and they would have completed both had they been able to work out a deal with Fox.

As for Mad About You, that is a Sony title and last we heard Shout! was not interested in releasing any more seasons of this show as the two that they did release did not meet their expectations. Your only hope of seeing the final two seasons released might be Mill Creek if they are able to acquire the rights. For now I believe that they will only be re-releasing the first 3 seasons that Sony released.

8. Vahan_Nisanain

Vahan_Nisanain
    I can definitely see Mr. Belvedere and Rhoda being completed. Brian Ward said those two have done fairly decently for them. But I don't know about the likes of Room 222, The Paper Chase, and especially Peyton Place.

9. Astairefan

Astairefan Stunt Coordinator

Neil Powell
    For what it's worth, was the show you referred to NYPD Blue, or are we still waiting to find out out what it is?

10. bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2 Supporting Actor

Tom Hunter
    [*]After CBS failed to follow up on the strong sales of SANFORD AND SON, I was really hoping that SHout! would pick up the rights for it's spin off series SANFORD and release those two seasons, either together or seperately.
    [/list]
    Easily as funny as the original and much in the same spirit.

And if they really wanted to make me happy, they could release the much shorter lived GRADY as well.

But I wouldn't mind if they left SANFORD ARMS hidden deep in a closet somewhere. Not funny. At. All.

Radioman970 likes this.
  11. Brian Himes

Brian Himes Screenwriter

Brian
    Room 222 is a definate no go. The sales of season 2 were very, very low. Sad, but Shout shot themselves in the foot on any more Room 222 doing well. The first season was so blasted because of the poor picture and sound quality, that season 2 only sold in the hundreds instead of the thousands.

12. Vahan_Nisanain

Vahan_Nisanain
    And Neil Brock has said time and time again that the more intelligent a particular TV Series is, the poorer it does on DVD.

13. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    The complete release of Gilligan's Island completely pokes holes in that theory. :P

Gary "in all seriousness, the full release of many great and intelligent series (The Fugitive being example #1) disproves this theory" O.

14. Jack P

Jack P Producer

We've seen plenty of good "intelligent" shows come to DVD. It's simply the work of one particular producer who had a penchant for thinking being "intelligent" meant giving us agenda-driven shows on a constant basis that isn't represented and for me, that's no great loss as I wouldn't buy his work even if it were available.

Incidentally, "Sanford And Son" was released by Sony/Columbia, not CBS.

15. Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke Screenwriter

Frank
    Ridiculous... Lost, 24, Doctor Who, Mission Impossible, Dark Shadows, The Fugitive, Route 66, Barney Miller, MTM, Naked City... just to name a few from different eras

16. Wvtvguy

Wvtvguy Stunt Coordinator

Marc
    Pity about Room 222 but that video was atrocious. However, I bought season 1 & was able to get past it because of the quality of the show. I'd never even seen it before but ended up loving it!

17. Brian Himes

Brian Himes Screenwriter

Brian
    Yeah, it's one of my all time favorites. I keep hoping that MeTV will start showing it so I can at least record the last three seasons even if they are the syndicated/edited versions. At this point I will take it. If I believed in miracles then Fox would release a complete series box set with restored/remastered video, but that is a pipe dream that will never happen.

PatrickGoodluck likes this.
  18. The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man Screenwriter

Robert
    Barney Miller and Mary Tyler Moore were both stalled out and abandoned at various points. In fact, MTM took longer to come out on DVD than it was originally on the air.

Dark Shadows and Doctor Who are both cult shows, and those have way different standards than the normal sitcoms and dramas thanks to the cult audiences they've built that will keep the new releases coming.

19. LouA

LouA Screenwriter

Lou Antonicello
    I concur . I did the same thing , and can't figure out why SF won't release season 6 which only has 13 episodes and would only require a 2 DVD set.

20. PatrickGoodluck

PatrickGoodluck Stunt Coordinator

Patrick
    Same here. I know S6 isn't the strongest but it would be nice to have it complete and uncut as I only have syndicated episodes.