Shout Factory Press Release: Route 66: The Complete Series

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Jack P

Jack P Producer

Randomly sampling the S4 episodes, and I have to say quite honestly the two part story that concludes the series really lands with a giant thud. Two hours of silly comedy basically which undermines the tone the best episodes of the series established.

2. StanInKY

StanInKY Auditioning

Hi I recently sent a note to Mr Maharis and it came back undeliverable....it was the Mulholand Drive address ..do you have a better one ? THANKS

3. Neil Brock

Neil Brock Cinematographer

I have a question regarding the episode, Blue Murder. Last night I sat down to transfer it from my tape off Nick at Nite from the 80s. Supposedly they ran every episode complete and unedited. It came in at the same running time, around 47:10 as the DVD release. Other than the questionable running time, around 3 minutes shorter than the other episodes from that season, does anyone have any proof of missing footage? I thought for sure that all of the Nick airings were complete off 35mm transfers so I'm wondering now what the story is. It seems unlikely, although not unheard of, for a show of that era to be so much shorter than the others. Really at this point I don't know how we could find out for sure unless someone has another version from somewhere.

4. jimmyjet

jimmyjet Producer

they may have just needed some extra revenue that week, and snuck in a few more commercials.

Ron1973 likes this.
  5. Neil Brock

Uh, no. Anybody have any plausible theories?

6. jimmyjet

jimmyjet Producer

neil,

i am getting a bit tired of your negativity towards me. it all started out when you were proved wrong about your statement of the percentage of tv shows that have been released.

i guess you have a hard time when you have to eat some crow.

Gary OS and Jeff Willis like this.
  7. oldtvshowbuff

oldtvshowbuff Second Unit

James Beer
    Now turning to A Fury Slinging Flame, CHVL had released it uncut back in 1995, but I don't have the tape anymore, because I transferred it to DVD-R, so I can keep it forever and I have seen the shorter version of it on those Roxbury/Infinity and Shout! releases.

8. Neil Brock

Yeah, that's the reason. How was that proved exactly?

9. jimmyjet

jimmyjet Producer

it is best that we move on. i do not say bad stuff about your posts. in fact, quite the contrary. i usually say good stuff about them.

if you cant seem to get past that, perhaps it would be best to put me on your ignore list, and then you wont see a need to attack me on a personal level.

i have been very tolerant up to this point. but i will report you the next time you post something else that is clearly due simply to whatever personal dislike you have for me.

i gave you a first warning when you responded to my post about not giving an opinion about something i had no knowledge about. you responded with something like "that never stopped you before".

i wont put up with it - this is your last warning before i report you.

Gary OS and Jeff Willis like this.
  10. Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic Edge of Glory?

Wayne
    Even Buz and Tod had a few flare-ups once and a while. They usually just punched it out, then wiped themselves off, shook hands and got back in the Corvette.

11. hypnohighball

hypnohighball Stunt Coordinator

John Sayers
    rodney_king_answer_3_xlarge.jpg

12. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Stunt Coordinator

Let's go straight to the shaking hands part. :)

13. jimmyjet

jimmyjet Producer

i am happy to shake hands