Shout Factory Press Release: Body Bags -and- Assault on Precinct 13 (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    XenForo Template

shout.jpeg

image003.jpg
    image004.jpg

A Horror Trilogy from the Master of Terror

JOHN CARPENTER PRESENTS BODY BAGS

COLLECTOR’S EDITION BLU-RAY™+ DVD COMBO PACK

UNZIPS ON HOME ENTERTAINMENT SHELVES NOVEMBER 12, 2013

&

John Carpenter’s Acclaimed Thriller

ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 COLLECTOR’S EDITION BLU-RAY™

STARRING AUSTIN STOKER, DARWIN JOSTON, LAURIE ZIMMER

STORMS INTO STORES EVERYWHERE NOVEMBER 19, 2013

This November, high-tension suspense, action and fright collide when SCREAM FACTORY™ unleashes JOHN CARPENTER PRESENTS BODY BAGS Collector’s Edition Blu-ray™+ DVD combo pack onNovember 12, 2013 and John Carpenter’s classic siege thriller ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 Collector’s Edition Blu-ray™ on November 19, 2013

For the first time on Blu-ray™, JOHN CARPENTER PRESENTS BODY BAGS features John Carpenter as a creepy-looking coroner introducing a trilogy of blood-curdling tales: “The Gas Station” (starring Robert Carradine, Revenge of the Nerds and Alex Datcher, Passenger 57), “Hair” (starring Stacy Keach, The Bourne Legacy), and “Eye”(Directed by Tobe Hooper, Poltergeist, and starring Mark Hamill, Star Wars). With special appearances by Deborah Harry (Scarface), Sheena Easton (Miami Vice), Twiggy, David Naughton (An American Werewolf in London), John Agar (Tarantula), David Warner (The Omen) and cameos by notable horror film legends Wes Craven (A Nightmare on Elm Street), Tobe Hooper (LifeforceThe Texas Chainsaw Massacre), Sam Raimi (The Evil Dead), Roger Corman (House of Usher) and Greg Nicotero (The Walking Dead), this pulse-pounding horror collection delivers a fright-filled night of terror to remember. This must-have collector’s edition features an uncut anamorphic widescreen  presentation of the film (for the first time both on DVD & Blu-ray™) and is packed with exciting bonus content, a collectible cover featuring newly rendered retro-style artwork and more.

Delivering more terrifying perils and action suspense, John Carpenter’s acclaimed pre-Halloween thriller ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 all-new Collector’s Edition Blu-ray™ hits home entertainment shelves everywhere on November 19 from Scream Factory. This definitive edition release of ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 boasts a bounty of all-new special bonus content, a collectible cover featuring newly rendered retro-style artwork, a reversible wrap with original theatrical key art and much more!

***Avid fans and collectors please take note: those who order JOHN CARPENTER PRESENTS BODY BAGS Collector’s Edition and/ or ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 Collector’s Edition fromScreamfactoryDVD.com will receive the respective exclusive 18”x24” poster featuring the newly commissioned artwork!  These are only available while supplies last.***

JOHN CARPENTER PRESENTS BODY BAGS Collector’s Edition Blu-ray™+ DVD Combo Pack

Two Masters of Horror – John Carpenter (Halloween, The Thing) and Tobe Hooper (The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Lifeforce) – come together to create a chilling anthology of terror.

Young college student Anne (Alex Datcher) working the late shift at “The Gas Station” while a killer is on the loose. Then, middle-aged business man Richard Coberts (Stacy Keach) can’t stand the thought of losing his “Hair” and he’ll do anything to keep it. And finally, Brent Matthews

(Mark Hamill), a baseball player submits to an “Eye” transplant after he loses an eye in a car accident. After going through the revolutionary eye surgery, he ends up getting more than just his eye sight back.

JOHN CARPENTER PRESENTS BODY BAGS Collector’s Edition Bonus Content:

·  Audio Commentary with director John Carpenter and actor Robert Carradine on “THE GAS STATION

·  Audio Commentary with director John Carpenter and actor Stacy Keach on “HAIR

·  Audio Commentary with producer Sandy King on “EYE

·  Interviews with John Carpenter, Producer Sandy King and actors Stacy Keach and Robert Carradine

·  Trailer

A 187 CORP. PRODUCTION

JOHN CARPENTER Presents “BODY BAGS”

Written by BILLY BROWN & DAN ANGEL

Music by JOHN CARPENTER & JIM LANG

Director of Photography GARY KIBBE Production Designer DANIEL A.LOMINO Editor EDWARD A. WARSCHILKA

Executive Producers JOHN CARPENTER, SANDY KING, DAN ANGEL

Co-Producer DAN ANGEL Producer SANDY KING

Directed by JOHN CARPENTER & TOBE HOOPER

ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 Collector’s Edition Blu-ray™

Isolated and cut off from the city inside a soon-to-be-closed L.A. police station, a group of police officers and convicts must join forces to defend themselves against the gang called Street Thunder, who have taken a blood oath to kill someone trapped inside the precinct.

From John Carpenter (HalloweenThe Thing and Prince Of Darkness), Assault On Precinct 13 combines the elements of a classic western and a modern thriller to create a riveting cult classic.

Special notes to editors: Bonus extras for this collection are still in development. Final bonus features will be announced as they become available. 

A CKK PRODUCTION “ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13”

Starring AUSTIN STOKER

DARWIN JOSTON, LAURIE ZIMMER

Executive Producer JOSEPH KAUFMAN

Produced by J.S. KAPLAN

Written and Directed by JOHN CARPENTER

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.  

2. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    November... blah! Still, happy for both. Definite buys for me.

LOVE the hair story from BB. Keach kills it like he did in that Cheech & Chong movie.

3. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    I don't think I ever saw Body Bags, but I'm in for both titles. Shout/Scream has been doing a pretty fine job on the Carpenter titles.

4. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I won't spoil any of the stories for you but it was made as a pilot for Showtime who wanted a Tales From The Crypt-clone series. Despite that, all three stories are pretty good (The Gas Station segment is really cool) and there's a lot of fun cameos and guest spots from genre favorites.

5. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    I liked the Gas Station too. Many call that a weaky, but it had me on the edge of my seat first time.

6. JoHud

JoHud Producer

Joe Hudak
    Another time when I picked up an OOP blu-ray only for it to pop up on another label mere months later. I wonder how Shout's edition of Assault on Precinct 13 will compare to the old Image edition. Might be the same transfer.