What's new

Shout factory doing great job (1 Viewer)

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
So many people have inquired about further releases of Alias Smith & Jones - Season 2, that Brian Ward has said he will look into it.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Shout are amazing now with Designing Women and Peyton Place - Part One coming awesome

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Kudos, indeed to Shout, particularly for revisiting Son of the Beach, a guilty pleasure, and one that I was thinking would never see a second DVD release.

If they have strong links with Fox, I'd love to see them pick up Picket Fences and NYPD Blue.

I believe Fox also owns the rights to Journey to the Unknown, a terrific 60s horror anthology series made in association with Hammer. Most of Hammer's genre output has been released on DVD, but this series is a sorely-neglected part of the studio's history.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I can not join the chorus of universal praise for Shout. While they have done some things right that deserve praise, they also have a track record of less than stellar conduct as bad as what we've been quick to condemn the big studios for.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Speaking for myself, I love Shout! and the hard work they put in for their products. Very interested to see what an upcoming deal between Cookie Jar and American Greetings could mean for future DVD releases for Shout!, especially with the DIC library.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
I am now considering giving Ironside and Peyton Place a shot with SHOUT! in the time to come.

And may SHOUT! carry on with Room 222 as they have for That Girl throughout the latter's illustrious landmark run!!!!! That Girl, of course, wraps up in three-plus weeks. And may the now-avaiable Season One Room 222 be the first of five such releases to come!!!!!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Oh, and may the final season of The Bill Cosby Show come to pass someday!!!!!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

MilesH

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not surprised that Shout screwed up Rhoda. At least they are consistent....consistently mediocre.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing

I got Season 1 of Room 222 and hope to see further seasons, also hoping for the final season of The Bill Cosby Show just to complete the series. I plan to get Ironside, Peyton Place, Malcolm & Eddie, Blossom and California Dreams in the near future.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor

Corey, just ignore Miles. He also talked crap about David Lambert, even calling him "the biggest Shout cheerleader/apologist on the Internet", and saying to take anything he says with a grain of salt.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I'm a bit confused. I thought Shout! was doing a terrific job with just about everything they've handled recently. Is this not the case, then, with Rhoda and a few other shows?

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor

The only SF releases I can think of that had problems, besides Rhoda, were the Ozzie and Harriet sets, and the first season of Father Knows Best.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

Between comments in this thread & the Rhoda thread. Somebody needs to take a little vacation. Sheesh, you made your point a 100 times over. Let it rest.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Thanks. I am very pleased with my set of Adam-12 thus far, despite what some have said in other threads. Then again, it may be a case of me just not being that savvy when it comes to the differences between various transfers.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
If the Shout critics need to 'give it a rest' I think the same should be said of those who feel a need to praise them to high heaven as the greatest studio releasing TV on DVD and who seem to carry that further to an attitude of "Oh gee, I wish this were being released by Shout!" Shout's track record is ultimately no better and no worse than any of the major studios that we have been quick to condemn loudly in the past like CBS/Paramount. CBS/Paramount has released some winners with no problems of note (Mission: Impossible, Hawaii Five-O) and they have released substandard material with edits (Odd Couple) and we have also seen less than admirable conduct with the Fugitive prior to the S2 V1 debacle. Shout has likewise done some releases great (Adam-12, Paper Chase, That Girl, McHale's Navy) and some not so good, but where they earn my criticism is how they have strung along fans of "Ironside" and "Bill Cosby Show" into thinking future releases were still coming and then after a long waiting period dashing those expectations. In the case of "Cosby" when the decision not to release just one more season of a show that had once made it to the Amazon pre-order phase with a date set, stings a lot more when Shout then decides to spend money on a title of substandard quality elements wise like "Rhoda" and then also chooses to committ to two releases of "Peyton Place" before there's any chance of gauging sales figures of a first set. That's not a business model I can admire,and while I don't want to have to repeat those sentiments at every chance I can get, I think maybe a little less of the undying effusive praise for Shout! in general and getting things back to an even keel where we just evaluate things on a case by case basis in terms of what we think about the studios and how we judge them, would be more in order.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
until Shout! Factories contracts to distribute Ironside and Cosby expire, they're still active.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The difference is that Shout can and have knocked it out of the park with their 'old' TV shows. Meanwhile, the best that most studios can do is to not have edits or music replacement and that shouldn't really be much an accomplishment (eventhough it kind of has become one). I'm certainly not saying that Shout is perfect but I'll take my chances with them every time over a studio.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I hope Shout! Factory have plans to release the third season of Simon and Simon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks