Shout Factory Announcement: WKRP In Cincinnati: The Complete Series (Amazon Preorder)

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    WKRPCS72dpi.jpg
    WKRP IN CINCINNATI:
    THE COMPLETE SERIES
    Release Date 10/28/14 U.S. Only​
    PRODUCTS DETAILS
    SPECIAL OFFER: Order this title from ShoutFactory.com and get FREE standard U.S. shipping FIVE WEEKS EARLY on 9/23.

WKRP in Cincinnati has had a complicated history of music rights restrictions. To make this the most comprehensive DVD release possible, we are doing our best to include every scene uncut and to license as much original music as possible.
    We’re Spinnin’ The Hits And Bringin’ The Laughter!
    Pairing an impeccable ensemble cast with hilarious wit and popular tunes, WKRP In Cincinnati celebrated four amazing seasons, making it the quintessential situation comedy for any music lover! Join everyone's favorite radio DJs—the rockin' Dr. Johnny Fever (Howard Hesseman) and the soulful Venus Flytrap (Tim Reid)—as they weave through the inner-office antics of the crazy WKRP staff; including the station's program director Andy (Gary Sandy), indecisive manager Arthur (Gordon Jump), advertising executive Herb (Frank Bonner), quirky news man Les Nessman (Richard Sanders), young ingénue Bailey (Jan Smithers) and, of course, the station's lovely receptionist, Jennifer (Loni Anderson). So sit back and enjoy the sound of uproarious laughter as you watch every episode of this iconic series!
    Discs: 13 Format: NTSC Video region: Region 1 Color: Color Language: English

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    Ordered, top five show for me.

3. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    This gives them an awful lot of wiggle room. I'm waiting for reviews before I buy it.

Peter McM and ljgranberry like this.
  4. albert_m2

albert_m2 Stunt Coordinator

Albert
    "Don't let perfect be the enemy of good"

especially when perfect ain't happening.

5. HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow Screenwriter

Henry.
    Says who...? Let's all just wait and see what happens, no other show deserves perfect more anyway... :wub:

6. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I just got the WKRP set from Amazon, and I'm amazed to find that the discs are single layer. I'm wondering if I got a bootleg set. The first disc has 8 episodes, which makes it almost 4 hours long, so I can't believe this is a legitimate set. It was a third party seller, fulfilled by Amazon, so it's possible it's a bootleg. Can anyone verify if the discs are dual layer?

7. David Weicker

David Weicker Cinematographer

David
    My S1 Disc 1 has eight episodes, but is a Dual-Layer (8.3 gig)

the numbers printed around the disc-hole are DVDL 6258300A1 and DVDL 6258300B1. Not sure if the numbers are significant or not.

8. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    The numbers on mine are the same, but they're definitely single layer. A close look at the printing is also suspicious. Double images in the text and the look of being scanned and printed. Looks like it's going back.

9. classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy Producer

Byron
    Yes... that's why I try to avoid the secondary sellers where I can...

10. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    I tend to avoid them too. When I do buy from them, I make sure it's fulfilled by Amazon so I can return it without any hassle. I see a bunch of these on eBay for around $40. No doubt they're all bootlegs.