What's new

Shout and Universal (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member

It was mentioned on Stu's Show last week, that negotiations are going on between Shout Studios and Universal to sub-let some of their properties.

What Universal shows/programs would you like to see come out?

Personally, I find myself thinking:

The Magician

Fantastic Journey

Otherworld

Hmm. I think those shows are owned by Universal.

James

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
The Magician is from Paramount, don't think they sub-let at this point unfortunately. Would be great to have it, both Bixby and Jack Arnold directed episodes.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
More Universal properties?

Well, there are three Universal titles that only need one more release to finish their runs altogether. "Hardy Boys", "Night Gallery" and "Baa Baa Black Sheep/Black Sheep Squadron." I wouldn't mind if they could get picked up to close the books on them, but if we were talking about titles with less of their run or nothing, I would pick:

-Kojak

-Switch

-Operation Petticoat (Jamie Lee Curtis's presence could help on this)

-McCloud

-Cliffhangers

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
There is Hardy Men movie schedule for production and this could mean the last season of the hardy boys could be released. I also like to see the 1969 Hardy boy cartoon released along with with the S3 of the hardy boys.

I like to see the final season of night gallery release as well. I have the 1st and 2nd on dvd. I am also looking at tales from the darkside as well down the road or when i can fit that series into my budget.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Alfred Hitchcock Presents season 5 and on,

and since shout is jumping into the blu would love to see them do the entire series that way

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Certainly whatever is left of the NBC Mystery Movies (not sure what the status is of Timeless's plans for Hec Ramsey). Also the rest of Quincy, Night Gallery and Hitchcock. Since idle dreams are free, let me also throw in Blacke's Magic, The Outsider and The Name of the Game. I would love to see Switch, too. Did anyone ever find out which company was rumored to have licensed It Takes A Thief? That one would be high on my Universal wish list, but would also be an opening for Switch, as they probably have a lot of fans in common.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
The only Universal title I had any interest in was Gimme a Break and I just got the terrific Canadian complete series set. Funny how the best stuff always comes from countries other than your own.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by FanCollector

Certainly whatever is left of the NBC Mystery Movies (not sure what the status is of Timeless's plans for Hec Ramsey). Also the rest of Quincy, Night Gallery and Hitchcock. Since idle dreams are free, let me also throw in Blacke's Magic, The Outsider and The Name of the Game. I would love to see Switch, too. Did anyone ever find out which company was rumored to have licensed It Takes A Thief? That one would be high on my Universal wish list, but would also be an opening for Switch, as they probably have a lot of fans in common.

Definitely some great picks, Lee. With Hec Ramsey being up in the air (in terms of who might be looking to release it - or not), I'd ask Shout to check into it. Quincy for sure. Since Timeless does have a good dealing going right now with Uni in terms of many westerns, I'll only mention one that I'm not sure is on Timeless's radar at present: Wide Country. I don't know if they'd be interested in some 50's sitcoms that are not as well known as others, but here's a small list I'd include: Meet Mr. McNutley, Bachelor Father, The Bob Cummings Show and the very rare Pride of the Family (with its Christmas episode I don't have).

Gary "which studio owns what is always a tough one for me so there might be many others I should have listed" O.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Same here. VEI released both Kate & Allie and Gimme a Break so I'm all set with Universal. More of what I want, unfortunately, is with Sony. Hopefully, Shout will continue more of their classic tv shows and maybe pick up some new rarer ones.

Originally Posted by Luisito34

The only Universal title I had any interest in was Gimme a Break and I just got the terrific Canadian complete series set. Funny how the best stuff always comes from countries other than your own.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Originally Posted by John Stell

I'd really like The Eddie Capra Mysteries.

If we are bringing in the shorter-lived titles, I second this one! I'd also add The Law and Harry McGraw and The Jake Effect (a charming 7-episodes Jason Bateman series that was never aired at all until a brief cable run years after it was produced). And I already mentioned Blacke's Magic, so I suppose I already had a short-lived series in there...

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Top of my list would be Quincy, M.E., followed by The Law & Harry McGraw (Universal are releasing the final season (not including the four TV movies) in November), Richie Brockelman, Private Eye (Universal have released all six seasons of The Rockford Files and the first four TV movies on DVD) and Whiz Kids (which did a crossover episode with Simon & Simon, Jameson Parker guest starring as AJ Simon).

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
B.J. & The Bear. This is ranked 25th on the list of unreleased shows over at tvshowsondvd.com. When I last checked,around a couple of months ago, it was ranked 36th. So,obviously,there's a demand for it. Amen with Sherman Helmsley. The Universal property that I'd most like for Shout to release,though, would be seasons 6 - 10 of SNL,and any others that Lorne Michaels may want to skip over.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Now SF! released the first two seasons of law show The Paper Chase, I would love to see them do Universal's really brilliant Owen Marshall (1971-74) with Arthur Hill and Lee Majors. John Denver guest starred in an episode.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I forgot to include In Search Of... in my above post. Not sure why this hasn't been released while so many similar shows have; Unsolved Mysteries, Psi Factor,etc.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
Originally Posted by HenryDuBrow

Now SF! released the first two seasons of law show The Paper Chase, I would love to see them do Universal's really brilliant Owen Marshall (1971-74) with Arthur Hill and Lee Majors. John Denver guest starred in an episode.

Isn't The Paper Chase owned by FOX?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks