What's new

Should I sell my 32" Toshiba for an akia 30" flatscreen? (1 Viewer)

Mikey_B

Grip
I bought a 32" Toshiba regular TV with no component inputs 2 years ago at Sams club for 550.00. I have someone wanting it for 300.00.

I found the AKAI cft3090 at Sams Club for 338.81.

I do not need HDTV and realize this is for DVD's etc. I mainly want it for the living room to view DirectTV, GameCube and DVD's via the component inputs.

If I use the component inputs for the DVD's would I be stepping up quite a bit? I'm not sure how much viewing area I will lose by going to the widescreen 30" vs. the 32" 4x3. I do have a Kenwood 550watt Surround Sound with a Sony Sub, but nothing spectacular. I want something better than I have to tide me over until I can afford to buy a killer TV for the living room. Then I plan on moving this TV to my Bedroom.

The Couch is about 12' from the TV and the existing 32" is big enough for us, I'm not sure how much difference the 30" widescreen will affect the viewing.

Thanks in advance for the opinions!

Mikey_B

Grip
After reading a bit, I'm thinking I should just go ahead and bite the bullet and get a 32" HDTV and forget about this widescreen. I did the conversion and it looks like 4:3 TV will be like watching a 25" TV so I don't think that will go over real good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks