What's new

Should I replace my old JBL L40's with JBL 310II's? (1 Viewer)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
For those too young to know, the JBL L40 is a "large bookshelf" ported two-way speaker with a 10" woofer and 1" dome tweeter built in the late 70's. My woofers of course have been re-foamed. I haven't had a chance to audition the 310II's yet but have read they have a loyal following. My L40's still have their original maple finish but everything else I own(TV, all audio components, center & sub)is black. I can't bring myself to stain them black. I listen to mostly music 70/30, the music being concert DVD's and old CD's. Music-wise, I listen to everything from Rock, Blues and Jazz to Classical. F.Y.I...here's the other components to my budget system: Yamaha RX-V530, X-Box, JBL L40's(mains) Boston Acoustics 424v(cen) JBL N24II's(rears) Velodyne CHT-12(sub). I wonder if there's anyone out there that has heard both of these speakers? Maybe Phil("Mr JBL")??? If I replace them should I stick with my Home Depot 12 gauge or buy some Monster Cable Z1? Sorry for the long post! Thanks!

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Hi John,

I can say that my brother has the 310II's and that they sound good, IMO...and he has yet to completely optimize them (since he is moving soon) And they are not very expensive at all...only $185 each at bestpriceaudiovideo.com or they have free shipping at bhphoto.com for $199 each, consequently that is where my brothers came from and had no problems with them...

definitely good sound for the money

Mike

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Mike: Thanks for the feedback!

Phil: "Sheffield Labs Direct to Disk Record music by Lincoln Mayoral & Harry James - Big Band! (Technics Direct Drive Turntable w/Shure and Stanton top-line stereo cartridges - remember those???)"

Unfortunately(getting old), I remember everything you mentioned! Thanks for the input, I'm printing your link right now! Should I even bother with upgrading my speaker wire?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks