What's new

Should I Give Amazon a Break? (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Stan said:
Yes, it will definitely be paid off before the term ends. Otherwise, like you said, you're suddenly charged a huge amount of back interest.

I knew what I was getting into. Don't remember the interest rate but it was something obscene like 25.99%, 36.99%? I'll send them the final $75 and it's over, long before the interest would kick in.

The robocalls have mercifully ended since my "f**k off" comment to the CSR a couple of days ago.
Yes, I'm quoting myself, but just the latest update. Account was credited on the 13th, completely zeroed out and paid off.

Friday, the 15th, the robocalls started again. Answer the call and I get a dial tone. Since I don't owe them anything, not worth the effort to keep fighting things, I'm giving up. But good old fashioned brick & mortar stores are looking a lot more attractive.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I just got an email from Amaon USA saying they are crediting my account with £1 because the import fee for Chicken Little 3D was less than expected, i didn't have to do a thing to get the refund, that's good customer service in my book and i will continue using Amazon for purchases.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
On Black Friday we had two packages delivered - one from Amazon (FedEx) and one from a private company (UPS). Normally we are home but we happened to be out when they were delivered and they were both stolen from our porch. I reported the theft to Amazon and while they made me wait four days just in case the 'delivered' status was inaccurate, they replaced all the items in the package and I had them by the end of the week.

UPS seems to be working to get me a refund, but I'm still waiting.

BTW - there's been a number of package thefts in my neighborhood since then. Get your packages delivered to the UPS or FedEx stores, or to your place of work during this time of year!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Amazon's partnership with USPS has highs and lows. I dig the Sunday deliveries, but USPS left a cardboard envelope on my stoop in the middle of a raging thunderstorm. UPS or Fedex would NEVER do that without a plastic bag. Thank goodness the contents were still dry, but it was infuriating...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks