What's new

Should I buy the ROCKY movie collection??? (1 Viewer)

John_McKittrick

Stunt Coordinator
I'm really starting to miss not having these on DVD. I know it's still for sale out there. Any comments on what I should do?? Are you guys happy with them?

John

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I have bought the set and am for the most part happy about it.
the only negative is that not all the discs are anamorphic :frowning:
I will upgrade those if they are ever redone.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
If you like the Rocky movies then you should buy it. I really like all the Rocky films. And have been meaning to pick this set up. Maybe for fathers day.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
rocky is the only se. minor scratches

part 1,3,5 are annamorphic

part 1,3,4 are dobly digital 5.1

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
It's not a bad set if you atleast like the first four DVDs. I am not crazy about the V, it really should have ended at IV. Or atleast have a really decent V movie. Still, it's worth having the last one in the series just to watch a laugh at. (Tommy Gun....what were they thinking? This guy literally ruined the last movie.)

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
(Tommy Gun....what were they thinking? This guy literally ruined the last movie.)
Yeah, Tommy was annoying, but other than that, I thought V was okay. At least they did something different with the characters. And I like Vince DiCola's score for IV, but it's really cool to hear Bill Conti's underscore for the rerun at the beginning of V. :D

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Yes, although there are a few caveats
- Only Rocky got the SE treatment
- missing subtitles during Russian-speak on Rocky IV
Anyways, go out and get the set. It's worth the money.

Chris Hundley

Auditioning
I've got it - but these movies have a special place in my heart. Rocky III was one of the first movies I saw in theaters, after seeing I and II on early home video.

What is WITH the missing subtitles in some DVD's? It's especially disturbing in Bram Stoker's Dracula - at the beginning Anthony Hopkins (playing the priest) explains to Dracula that his bride's soul cannot be saved because she took her own life. This is rather integral in building the story. I watched this with my fiancé recently and had to pause it to explain to her what was going on in the scene, and why he was so distraught.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks