Shorter Cables

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Tim Wiens, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Tim Wiens

Tim Wiens Auditioning

Is it just me? Does it bug anyone else having to use a 6 foot cable when the distance between the connections is only 9 inches?

I have such a mess behind my components because of this. Does anyone know of a source for short cables? Maybe in the 1 to 1.5 foot range? I have looked and found a few, but they seem to be awfully expensive. I'm thinking around $15 for a 1.5 foot coax pair (red,white) would be reasonable.

2. Lee Bailey

Lee Bailey Second Unit

Lee Bailey
    Have you looked at bluejeanscable yet? Though for a 1 foot pair, it will cost you more than $15.00, more like 25. When you want custom cable lengths, you're gonna pay more.

3. Tim Wiens

Tim Wiens Auditioning

Yes I have actually. Rather pricey and some of their offerings are a minimum 2 or even 3 feet (flexibility issues I imagine). What I was hoping to find was someone offering a complete line of various configurations in various lengths starting at .5 meter or so.

4. Dick Knisely

Dick Knisely Second Unit

5. Lee Bailey

Lee Bailey Second Unit

Lee Bailey
    There's also PARTSEXPRESS.COM. They do carry 1.5ft RCA stereo cables. Less than 10 bucks before shipping.