What's new

Short Run Series that need a DVD release - (1 Viewer)

Todd Stout

Screenwriter

Wow! I thought I was the only one left that remembered that show. I still have a VHS copy of the the two part episode that featured the "Dregs of Humanity" (Eli operating the skeletons as marionettes). Remember that one?

I see a lot of people mentioning Nowhere Man. Since there is so much interest in this title, are there any plans to release this in the future? Any rumors of this show coming to DVD even?

Daniel W

Agent

I'm guessing that you're somewhere between 30 and 34 years old, because that age range seems to be the only one who remember that show. When I was 14, everyone I knew watched "It's Your Move." Most of my friends between 30 and 34 remember this one fondly. No one else I know has even heard of it. "Dregs of Humanity" was probably my favorite episode.

Don't know if it's true, but I read on Jump the Shark that this show actually did well in the ratings, but that it got cancelled because parents groups were complaining that too many kids were trying to pull off the same scams that were done on the show.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Strange you mention these two. I'm in the Process of converting my original Flash VHS Copies to DVD with my new Sony Recorder it's doing an excellent job they look great. I'm doing the Hornet next off of the action channel. These will hold me until and if they do box set releases.

ScottFH

Stunt Coordinator
Another vote for Nowhere Man - I'd snap this up in a minute if it was available!!!

Bruce Greenwood commentaries would be nice too!!!

And another vote for Sledge Hammer!

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
How about the mid 60's show My World and Welcome To It starring William Windom. Great show where he would talk to the audience with wry, sarcastic comments. Loved the cartoons he would draw that would then become animated. I believe this lasted only one season.

EdHoch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ed Hochstatter
I know I've chimed in with this show EVERY time a "what shows would you like on DVD" thread pops up...which is about every six months or so:

#1 on my wish list CUPID - killed by ABC in 1998-1999 season. I've even pestered Dave with an email about this one. Any advice on who we can contact to ask pretty please release this show? It would sell and word of mouth would help it sell more...

I've almost stopped watching television since all the shows I like never last long:

Sports Night (which I do have on DVD)

The Tick (own that one too...NEVER thought I'd see that released)

Freaks and Geeks (which I will get depending upon price)

Hidden Hills (silly, but I liked it)

Nowhere Man - Very cool concept

Now and Again - reminded me a bit of Nowhere Man

ED - lasted years longer than I thought it would...moving to Friday nights (cue death knell music)

Other shows I liked and would consider buying:

Early Edition
Quantum Leap
Dream On (The HBO version, or even the Fox version)
Sledge Hammer
Police Squad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks