What's new

Short lived shows during 70-75 (1 Viewer)

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

I remember this non-Match Game gameshow with Nipsy Russell being the only panelist that wasn't guesting on Barbary Coast.

beatlejam

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Otto
Cade's County (Glenn Ford) (1971)

The Snoop Sisters (Helen Hayes & Mildred Natwick) (1973)

Hawkins (Jimmy Stewart) (1973)

The Smith Family (Henry Fonda & Ron Howard) (1971)

I would like all of these.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I too will mention Cade's County the 1971-1972 Glenn Ford TV series which consisted of 24 episodes. This is a good show and it looks like Fox would
release this single season show on DVD. After all, Glenn Ford was a major star and this show would have cross appeal for those who like crime shows and those who like Westerns with its rural/modern day Western setting.
I would also add 4 Jack Webb shows

Ohara Us Treasury 1971-1972 David Janssen
Chase 1973-1974 Mitchell Ryan
Sierra
The DA 1971 Robert Conrad

Also from NBC Mystery Movies

Tenafly 1973-1974 James McEachern
Hec Ramsey 1972-1974 2 Seasons Richard Boone
Madigan 1972-1973 Richard Widmark

Nakia 1974 Robert Forster Arthur Kennedy

Finally, I would add

Kodiak 1974 Clint Walker

Has anyone ever seen this show? I would like to see it and wonder if it is available anywhere. I like Clint Walker.

Robert

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
A few others I turned up:
Shaft
Holmes and YoYo
Girl With Something Extra
Get Christy Love
The Young Rebels/The Young Lawyers
The Little People/ The Brian Keith Show

Thanks for remembering When Things Were Rotten, Longstreet, The Barbary Coast,

Sorry I forgot.

James

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Does anyone remember the precursor to Baretta called Toma? It is from 1973 on ABC.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

Sure do; Tony Musante was the star and I thought he was good in this series, better than Robert Blake in "Baretta." I'd be surprised to see this make it to DVD, though.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul

I agree. I thought Toma was a great show. I remember watching it when I was growing up. I would love to see it again.

No one else I know remembers it, but everyone remembers Baretta.

Statskeeper

Second Unit
Real Name
Maureen
Three more from the early 70s that probably won't ever get released:

The Headmaster (Andy Griffith as a prep school principle)

The New Andy Griffith Show (with Lee Merriweather as his wife; went on mid-season when The Headmaster tanked)

The WOW Show (Ken Berry, after Mayberry RFD, did a short-lived variety show with a young Cheryl Ladd as one of the dancers/singers)

Mary_P

Second Unit
Yep, I do. I may even have an episode kicking around someplace. TV Land used to show single episodes of some really rare stuff back in the day, and I'm pretty sure they ran an episode of "Toma." Sure wish someone was doing that now. I'd take a sample episode of some of these shows over no episodes at all.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I think there was a series called "All's Fair" which starred Bernadette Peters and Richard Crenna.

Which shows do you think would be "strong" enough for a DVD release?

James

fun thread

vincefan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Amy
MATT LINCOLN starring the late, great Vince Edwards. ABC brainlessly scheduled this series at 7:30 opposite Flip Wilson and Jim Nabors. Imagine a series about a psychiatrist who dealt with college age students often reluctantlly coming to a walk-in clinic desperately seeking help airing at 7:30. Of course, it missed its target audience and was cancelled after sixteen episodes. This was a well written quality series with great guest stars. Matt Lincoln was a cross between Room 222, Mod Squad, which are both out on dvd and the great series East Side West Side. Vince Edwards was a great actor who is missed by the public. It is the distributors who have forgotten him. MATT LINCOLN is my dream series for release.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Haven't seen The New Dick Van Dyke Show mentioned yet.

Edit - Ran longer than I thought it did, so it wasn't really short lived I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks