What's new

Shirley Temple: America's Sweetheart Collection Vol. 6 - in April. (1 Viewer)

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Finally Fox continues with this collection.
Dvd empire lists the following titles for a 4-22-2008 release:
Wee Willie Wink (already availabe in the Ford at Fox boxset)
Young People (a nice surprise)
and Stowaway

Now the only remaining titles from Temple's child stardom are Our Little Girl and Poor Little Rich Girl (my favorite from her child career). I hope Fox also releases those two.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
I'm hoping they eventually release a Shirley Temple box with either thin packs or digipacks.

DanMel

Second Unit
So your movie buying is limited to what kind of package they come in? Maybe they can release a special digipack for you in the future where you have three overlapping discs on each side and that way you will have to take two discs out in order to get to the third one and then when you are done watching the movie you can take those two front one's back out again in order to put the disc back away.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
It's more about the convenience of having the films all together without taking up inordinate shelf space. No one said anything about it limiting my buying - just my preference.

Nick Eden

Stunt Coordinator

It has been a year (almost) since the last release, so logically it will be April 2009 for one last boxset. This will hopefully include Our Little Girl and Poor Little Rich Girl.

There is one other film that might be included- Now I'll Tell.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I'm glad Fox is continuing with the Shirley Temple releases as well. And Wee Willie Winkie is one of my favorites.

moviedude

Auditioning
Real Name
tom
hope they release these. our little girl
poor little rich girl
now i'll tell
to the last man
red haired albil

gunthertoody

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
Does anybody know why Mrs. Temple-Black hasn't taken part in providing commentaries for her titles. Is she in poor health, is she not interested or is Fox trying to cut production costs?

WadeM

Supporting Actor
According to the NY Times, this is the final volume.
"Shirley Temple Black will turn 80 on Wednesday, an occasion that Fox Home Entertainment is celebrating with the release of the sixth and final volume of “Shirley Temple: America’s Sweetheart Collection.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/22/mo...dvds.html?8dpc

What a shame. Does anyone know what the best version of Poor Little Rich Girl is on DVD?

Also, I guess that even though the press release stated that Wee Willie Winkie is newly colorized, apparently this is a newly tinted release to match the original release??

"After all the work Fox’s archivist Schawn Belston put into restoring the sepia tinting (and blue toned night scenes) used for the first release of Ford’s film, Fox Home Video has thoughtfully released it as a flipper disc, with what they are calling the “colorized” version on one side (i.e., the sepia print) and the black-and-white on the other. "

New DVDs 4-22-2008 | davekehr.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks