What's new

shielded tweeter for under $30 (1 Viewer)

Chris_W

Grip
Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations for a tweeter for use in a center chanel. This will be my own design (and my first) so any advice helps. I'm trying to keep my costs down, so $30 is a fairly absolute max for the tweeter, less is good... Anyway, most of the recomendations I've seen, like on the LDSG aren't shielded and for some reason the screen I'm goint to have this near seems to be extra sensitive to magnets...

Some I've found would be the Vifa d25ASG-05-06, the Seas H569, and the Peerless 812978... I haven't really heard any recomendations for any of these, but they're just some I've found that seem like they might be appropriate. So any comments on these or others would be greatly appreciated.

Btw, I'm going for a 2-way design, and sorry for the not so short post.

Thanks

Kerry Hackney

Stunt Coordinator
Well, here's another one to think about... Audax TM025F1
tm025f1_photo.gif

These are about $20 and the same tweeter used by Adire Audio in the 281/81 series. Also, the same tweeter used by Joe D'Appolito in the Audax HT kit. Very good for the price...

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
The Link Removedis fully shielded. It's an extremely good tweeter. Not cheap though....
PE and MCM have dozens of low buck shielded tweeters listed on their websites

Chris_W

Grip
Thanks for the tips... I had seen that Audax tweeter, but hadn't seen anything about it being shielded, but now that I look at the Audax website, I see that it has a, "Compact overmoulded magnet system inherently shielded" Is this good enough? I had been looking for one that was specifically shielded, but I get the idea that shielding in the tweeter is not as crucial as in the larger woofers...

I'm going to be using this next to a computer monitor that seems to be extra sensitive to magnets. Has anyone tried using a speaker with this tweeter right ontop of such a monitor?

Also, any other suggestions are still welcome.

Thanks

Zac_F

Agent
I'm using an Audax Center with the TM025F1 tweeter on top of my direct view Tv without any problem. The midrange driver (shielded) is between the tweeter and the TV though, so that might provide extra shielding.

Users who are viewing this thread