What's new

Sherwood RD6108 (1 Viewer)

Dan Shogren

Stunt Coordinator
I was thinking about picking up the sherwood RD6108 after seeing an ad for it in the paper, but i want to use my existing speakers, and i noticed that there seemed to be only 5 speaker ports for the kind of speakers i have, and no subwoofer port for the kind of sub i have. (its only connection to the system is a ver thin cord, the same as used by the other speakers) Does this mean if i purchase the unit, i will have to buy a new sub, and or speakers?
Please help.:frowning:

Dan Shogren

Stunt Coordinator
i basically need the total basics of buying a reciever and speakers. The system i have now i bought for 99 dollars on sale at wal mart in an open box, and they sound pretty good, but the reciever is the major problem. Everything sounds muddy and washed out, and im having trouble even getting doly digital to work. (The only thing i have now is dolby pro logic number 1) I really need a better system, so i can finally fully apreciate my dvds. My price range is 150-200

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
I have the Sherwood receiver you mentioned and it has connections for an RCA type plug in for a subwoofer. I have mine plugged in via the RCA plug-in and am using a Y adapter to plug into the L/R connections on the subwoofer itself. Mine is a powered subwoofer and the connection works great. The receiver is an excellent buy with the limitations that it does not have sophisticated A/V switching ability built in, that is, no component or S-Video ports on the receiver itself and it only has spring clips for the 5 primary speakers. It does however, have composite video inputs. Other than that, it is a full featured DTS/DD 5.1, ProLogic II capable receiver with 500 watt output. I was really amazed at the performance of this unit, especially since I bought it at www.outpost.com for an unrefurbished price of only $79.99!! For a starter system or as a second bedroom unit, this receiver rocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks