What's new

Sherwood Newcastle AM9080 5-Channel Amp, Sacramento area preferred (1 Viewer)

StevenK

Second Unit
$500 - please continue reading to see why $500, not $450.

I won't go into great detail about this amp. Just check the forum and you'll see it is very highly praised by all who have it. It has ample power (5 x 120 Watt @ 8 Ohms) and sounds beautifully.

The amp itself is in excellent condition and was very well taken care of. The special addition that makes this amp even nicer is a little box I built to emulate the DigiLink III trigger. You see, Sherwood has this proprietary system controller signal called DigiLink, and without the correct pre-amp or receiver telling the Newcastle to turn on, you'd have to manually turn it on (it's no big deal really, cause I get up to put my DVD in anyways). Being the lazy fool I was, I borrowed a Sherwood receiver, scoped the signal, and had my EE friend build me a signal box that would take any plain old 12V trigger and turn it into a DigiLink signal. Anyhow...that's why I tacked on an extra $50 dollars....the cost of the hardware to build the DigiLink box ($20 for the case, $15 for the micro controller, $10 for misc resistors, caps, crystals, transformers, and of course $$$$$ on pitchers of beer for my buddy).

Anyhow, this thing is a beast at 78lbs. I would prefer you pick it up in the Davis/Sacramento area. I may also be able to deliver down to the Bay area (but you gotta split gas with me). If you want it shipped somewhere...you cover the shipping costs...I'll double box it for free.

P.S. If anyone would like to swing by to here it in action, please feel free to e-mail me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks