What's new

Shenmue 2 and PSO to Xbox (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Come on, there was a "Buffy" game announced for the X-Box. There was no dilemma. :)
Of course, I suppose you might have just bought the game so that you could own a copy of everything saying "based on characters created by Joss Whedon" even if you didn't actually play it.

Wolf Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
Any idea when? I was going to buy Shenmue 2 for my DC, but may just wait and spend the money on Xbox titles for now. For me, it doesn't make sense to buy it twice (not really into that whole scene - I like to buy the game once, personally..)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
DC version of Shenmue 2 go bye-bye. Only the XBox version will be released in America. Microsoft exclusive. Yes, a real exclusive, they do still exist.

Wolf Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
Well life could be worse. At least it is coming to North America.
Either that, or I could use this as a good excuse to brunch up on my Japanese...

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I just heard the cancellation of Shenmue 2 to the dreamcast and it has really really dissapointed me that Sega has left their dreamcast owners hanging there...
I mean, they already have a japanese version of it! The least they could do was to finish off the last 10% of the game for the north american market then continue producing it for the Xbox!
I stuck with Sega all the way defedning it from fanboys from other systems... this is the last straw and i have lost all faith in Sega... Thanks alot... Thanks for screwing over your dreamcast customers with blind faith and false hope...
furious.gif

------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
You're all entitled to your opinion, but you're all wrong!!! - Paul Dalmine

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
They have been screwing over the American PSO players on a pretty consistent basis(large numbers can't even get online), so it's no real surprise. :/
-Dave
------------------
DVD List

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The DC was a total failure in Japan more than America, so why do they consistently screw us over?
I'm no DC fanboy, but I am upset that Shenmue 2 is coming out for XB and not DC at all or ever. Considering that they had already advertised it, its somewhat like what MS did with the prog. scan thing. Pisses me off.
PSO is still coming to GCN, right?

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
The DC was a total failure in Japan more than America, so why do they consistently screw us over?
Exactly! I just don't get it. The U.S. pretty much saved Sega, and we get the shaft. Expect a cancellation for Headhunter any day now, although it has been denied (yet it was taken off the release schedule for the U.S....).
PSO is still coming to Gamecube, as well as the PC.
-Dave
------------------
DVD List
"The page you are looking for is here no more. Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'"

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
They have been screwing over the American PSO players on a pretty consistent basis(large numbers can't even get online), so it's no real surprise. :/
I haven't been able to get on for about a month now, since they did that last server upgrade or what not.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I mean, they already have a japanese version of it! The least they could do was to finish off the last 10% of the game for the north american market then continue producing it for the Xbox!
Not only that, but it will be completed for Europe.
As I said in the other thread
frown.gif
angry.gif
furious.gif
icon13.gif

------------------

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Exactly...while I'm getting the XBOX so I really don't care that it's not coming for the DC, I am a bit surprised they would screw N. American DC owners like this.
They are releasing it on DC in both Japan and Europe...both of which were smaller markets for the DC than N. America. Kind of odd.
Oh well, I haven't played my DC in many months (except for some NES games) and am very excited about the XBOX....so I'm set!
Aaron

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Perhaps Microsoft is paying Sega more money for the Shenmue II exclusive then Sega thought they could make releasing it on the DC?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks