Shenmue 2 and PSO to Xbox

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Kleist, Oct 12, 2001.

1. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Sega's porting them in, guess that solves my dilemma over what to buy
    Jeff Kleist

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Come on, there was a "Buffy" game announced for the X-Box. There was no dilemma. [​IMG]
    Of course, I suppose you might have just bought the game so that you could own a copy of everything saying "based on characters created by Joss Whedon" even if you didn't actually play it.

3. Wolf Jenkins

Wolf Jenkins Stunt Coordinator

Any idea when? I was going to buy Shenmue 2 for my DC, but may just wait and spend the money on Xbox titles for now. For me, it doesn't make sense to buy it twice (not really into that whole scene - I like to buy the game once, personally..)

4. Michael St. Clair

DC version of Shenmue 2 go bye-bye. Only the XBox version will be released in America. Microsoft exclusive. Yes, a real exclusive, they do still exist.

5. Wolf Jenkins

Wolf Jenkins Stunt Coordinator

Well life could be worse. At least it is coming to North America.
    Either that, or I could use this as a good excuse to brunch up on my Japanese...

6. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I just heard the cancellation of Shenmue 2 to the dreamcast and it has really really dissapointed me that Sega has left their dreamcast owners hanging there...
    I mean, they already have a japanese version of it! The least they could do was to finish off the last 10% of the game for the north american market then continue producing it for the Xbox!
    I stuck with Sega all the way defedning it from fanboys from other systems... this is the last straw and i have lost all faith in Sega... Thanks alot... Thanks for screwing over your dreamcast customers with blind faith and false hope...
    [​IMG]
    ------------------
    The So Family Home Theater!
    http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
    You're all entitled to your opinion, but you're all wrong!!! - Paul Dalmine

7. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

They have been screwing over the American PSO players on a pretty consistent basis(large numbers can't even get online), so it's no real surprise. :/
    -Dave
    ------------------
    DVD List

8. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

The DC was a total failure in Japan more than America, so why do they consistently screw us over?
    I'm no DC fanboy, but I am upset that Shenmue 2 is coming out for XB and not DC at all or ever. Considering that they had already advertised it, its somewhat like what MS did with the prog. scan thing. Pisses me off.
    PSO is still coming to GCN, right?

9. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

10. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

11. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

12. Aaron Copeland

Aaron Copeland Second Unit

Aaron
    Exactly...while I'm getting the XBOX so I really don't care that it's not coming for the DC, I am a bit surprised they would screw N. American DC owners like this.
    They are releasing it on DC in both Japan and Europe...both of which were smaller markets for the DC than N. America. Kind of odd.
    Oh well, I haven't played my DC in many months (except for some NES games) and am very excited about the XBOX....so I'm set!
    Aaron

13. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

Perhaps Microsoft is paying Sega more money for the Shenmue II exclusive then Sega thought they could make releasing it on the DC?

14. BrianB

BrianB Producer