What's new

She Spies 09/28/03 Season Premier (1 Viewer)

Al Shing

Stunt Coordinator
This show has absolutely no buzz. On any other show, a reengineering as significant as this one had would have had some buzz, either on Usenet, or on this board.

Jack, the bumbling handler from last year is gone, replaced by a new handler, Mr. Cross. Mr. Cross is the anti-Jack, all business and isn't intimidated by the girls.

More significantly, the self-parodying humor that was the highlight of this show is gone. It's almost like watching a "Team Knight Rider" version of the show, although the three female stars from last year all returned.

I would be interested in knowing why they decided to change the direction of the show. The loss of the humor aspect of the show will probably lead to the loss of whatever fanbase the show had last year, without attracting any new fanbase to replace them.

The last show I watched that had this happen to it was "Martial Law", a show that had some promise at first, but morphed into something completely absurd and unwatchable. It died mercifully after two seasons.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
More significantly, the self-parodying humor that was the highlight of this show is gone.
I'm holding off judgment until I see a few more episodes. I didn't notice an obvious change in tone or direction other than Carlos Jacott being gone. The humor seemed to still be there, just not quite as good in this episode as it has often been in the past. They may be phasing it out.

I agree that the humor was the one thing that separated this show from V.I.P. and other Charlie's Angels clones. The tone reminded me of Brisco County, Jr. - and that's high praise from me. I doubt I'll stop watching it altogether, if only because I need a weekly Kristen Miller fix. :D

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks