What's new

She-Ra The Princess of Power - Best of (1 Viewer)

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
Is the "The Secret of the Sword" only going to be available in the "Best Of" DVD release due out this summer? Or will it be included in the later season box sets?

Does anyone have an idea?

Joe:C

Second Unit
The five-parter that the movie was edited from will be on the first box set. The "movie" version of those episodes will only be available on the "best-of" set.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
So it will be a full uncut movie on the "Best-Of" and a 5-episode on the normal season box!?

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
That's t he gist of what I got when reading the press release weeks ago. I'm ecstatic about finally owning this! As big a fan I was of He-Man back in the day, I've never owned "Secret of The Sword" in any incarnation so I'm definitely psyched about finally owning it.....on DVD no less. I enjoyed "She-Ra" when I was a kid, perhaps not as much as "He-Man" but I'll still gladly pick up the sets. I know my sister would love to watch these again after all these years.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I'll definitely be picking this one up. I wished more 80s cartoon series would do best of's along side their season sets because I have found through painfully expensive experience that childhood nostalgia is best in small doses (example: G.I. Joe Mini-series :emoji_thumbsup:, G.I. Joe S1P1 :thumbsdown:).

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Does anyone have the OAR of "Secret of the Sword". This was indeed shown theatrically back in 1985 (saw it myself), so I can't help but wonder if it was presented as 4:3. IMDB has it listed as 1:37:1 but I've found they're not always accurate.

Joe:C

Second Unit
I've been wondering this myself. This was probably shown theatrically at 1.85:1, but animated at 1.37:1. I've seen nothing mentioned by BCI that indicates how its going to be presented on the upcoming dvd.

MattSav

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
I saw this back in theatres in 85 or 86. Unfortuantely I was 5 years old at the time and didn't know a thing about aspect ratios. I remember liking it and, try as I might, can't remember the shape of the screen I watched it on (or how far in the curtains were drawn.)

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G

Do you remember the number of the seat you were sitting on? Was it a leather seat ? :P :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks