What's new

Shazzan, C.O.P.S, Smurfs Cartoons on DVD When? (1 Viewer)

MattHR

Screenwriter

I think he meant Shazzam. By the way, any word on "Shazzam" or its spin-off "Isis"? I seem to remember them as individual shows, then as part of a revolving show called "The Shazzam/Isis Power Hour" or something like that. I couldn't get much info from tvtome.com and nothing listed at tvshowsondvd.com.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Shazzan is a genie that the two kids in the topic creator's pic summon when they put their magic rings together, it comes on Boomerang. I have heard nothing of it coming to DVD sadly, the same goes for Smurfs. BOO HOO, BOO HOO HOO HOO!!! I hate not having Smurfs on DVD!!!!

I do own the C.O.P.S. DVD, I believe it is the first three episodes, or at least the first two part one and another. It is a bargain bin title from UAV in a line that includes Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Heathcliff, ProStars, and The Littles among others.

Shazam! and Isis were both sold by Hallmark with the Filmation library(He-Man, She-Ra, and many others) to a UK concern interested in DVD sales in both the US and UK.

Don

Second Unit
there was a Shazam/Isis Hour in the 70's but it was never spelled Shazzan

Spero D

Second Unit
David you made my day with the COPS DVD. To bad it is only 3 eps :frowning: Do you know when they will release more? Was hoping for a box set but this will do for now :)

Spero

Spero D

Second Unit
Wow also just found that Ulysses 31 had been release on DVD to.

Update- Just found the UK versions comes in a complete boxset of all eps so I will go for that one.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I would recommend looking at Wal-Mart or maybe even K-Mart for these DVDs. I got the Pro Stars DVD there for $5.50 and it was well worth it!

Bo knows DVD.

Ryan

Tory

Real Name
Tory

Ulysses 31 has one UK volume out with 9 episodes and a second volume coming out July 5th with probably the same amount.

The series is 26 episodes long.

LizH

Second Unit

Where's the tension? Where's the drama? Where's the suspense? :confused:

All the kids in that show had to do whenever there was trouble was summon the Genie. Crisis resolved.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Smurfs on DVD would rock but I have a feeling HB will make us wait on that for awhile. I think it would do really well because back in the day, Smurfs were huge and the stories to do hold up really well.

Paul

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
This was posted a while back on the site 411 mania.com.A smurfs live action movie is in the works, maybe the cartoons will be released on dvd then.

Tory

Real Name
Tory

Ah, I had just checked the UK amazon listings for many things I am about to order and they do not have that up in their listings yet. Play seems to be missing a lot of things I would order.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
As badly as I want it released, (and it's definitely up in my top 5!), The Smurfs will be one difficult series to bring to DVD with 9 whole seasons ranging from 40 to 60+ episodes and numerous television specials...

I hope Warners is currently discussing the context for a proposed release, but if and when (as I expect) it does eventually see an official release, I highly suspect that we will be given "best-of" sets rather than complete seasons. I could be wrong, and hope I am, but at over 500 episodes total with various specials, etc. I'm somewhat skeptical...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I imagine that Smurfs will, sooner or later, be ending up in a Hanna-Barbera Collection set similar to those like Flintstones, Scooby, Jetsons, etc.

Live-action Smurf film? I vote for Jessica Simpson as Smurfette. :p)

(I'll just smurf on over here and shut up now...)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks