What's new

Share your online photo gallery (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
its been a long time since i posted anything in this forum.

well this is my personal website, but in indonesian language. most people in my country dont really speak english, so i had to make sure everything was written in this language. just go to "gallery" and you will find lots of pictures made by me.

the gallery is not really a photo by photo gallery. the pictures there are actually layouts for a magazine style album, 30 cm x 30 cm size, so when the album is opened, the layout would be 30 cm in height and 60 cm in width.

my interest is wedding, children, etc etc.

Felix of Siluwed's photoblogs

let me know what you guys think.

TimDoss

Second Unit
I just started one at tkdoss.photoshop.com
not much there yet, but I'm working on it.

dreamygirl

Auditioning
Real Name
Micheal C
Actually i don't have uploaded any photo gallery yet.So i can't post here.But it is very interesting to know about smugmug.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Here are some photos from a visit to the Detroit Zoo this past weekend. The new Arctic Circle exhibit was nice, with an underwater viewing tube similar to some aquariums I've been to. Unfortunately, none of the polar bears decided to take a swim will we were there. The shots I took of the seals in the tube were not that interesting, so there are none in the gallery.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks, Don. Overall, I was happy with the shots I took, except for one screwup where I used too slow a shutter speed in taking shots of a moving polar bear. There was a little motion blur on those, so I didn't post them.

I was surprised how well the penguin shots came out. Lighting was poor, and they were behind glass. I had to crank the ISO up to 3200 and had the lens wide open at f/4 (I decided the pass on switching to my f/2.8 lens because I wanted the extra focal length of my 70-200mm for close ups). I still had a slow shutter speed, but fortunately they were not moving much (except for one excitable smaller penguin).

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor
I've been considering replacing my camera to get that increased ISO performance. Right now I'm pretty much limited to ISO 100. Last night I went to an Egyptian-themed movie theater to see the Indiana Jones movie and take pictures of the place. I didn't take a tripod, and ended up bracing the camera against the backs of seats, etc. Exposures were 1 second. Many of the shots were trash.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Better high ISO performance was one of the reasons I upgraded to the Canon 40D from my old Rebel XT. Getting that extra stop or two can really help in low light. I like to take shots of wildlife, which can mean lower light levels in the evening. Since fast telephoto lenses are beyond my financial means (a Canon 400mm f/2.8 lens is $6,800), being able to use higher ISO settings is my only alternative.

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor
I was considering the D40, but I kind of hate going back to a full-sized camera. I used to have a 35mm film camera with a bag full of lenses, and it turned going out to take photos into a huge affair.

I've looked at the new Coolpix cameras as well, and they seem to have shifted to offering more telephoto options. Unfortunately, I tend to work more at wide angles.

It seems no matter what camera I bought, I'd have to pick up an extra lens for real wide angle shots, or a wide angle converter, etc. So I guess I'll stick with what I've got for now...

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Anyone know anything about shopdigitaldirect.com? They have the Canon D40 with a 28 - 80 mm lens for $619. This is about half of all other etailers? I am a bit leary of ordering from a company whose prices are so out of line with others. I want to know if this company is legit or do they sell grey market equipment?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Great shots guys! I've been hosting most my random stuff here on Facebook, not sure if the galleries work if your not a member. :frowning:

Russell Grant's Photos - Oddities | Facebook

I've just set up a flickr account since my Photobucket is an unorganized mess. I added some random shots, including some from a Roller Derby event I went to last night. I have a Canon something or other for a digital camera (a bunch in the facebook gallery are cell phone photos... ugh!), and not really all that sure how to use it. I think I need a "faster" lens as they say. :frowning:

(2008-11-22) Derby 1107 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

betty51

Auditioning
Real Name
Betty
Hi,

Nice stuff. Thanks for sharing , but I don't have a photo gallery yet.When I got one I will share with you also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks