What's new

Share some close up pics! (1 Viewer)

SupermanGolfer

Auditioning
Real Name
Darren
Hi All,

I'm in the process of finishing my basement, which includes a media room. I'll be using my current audio equipment, Definitive ProCinema 600 5.1 set up and an Onkyo receiver. I've been able to research speaker placement and am comfortable with that concept, however, I cannot find any good pictures of the actual cable wire going into the speaker. Meaning, do you all just pull the wire through the drywall and hook directly into the speaker or do you have a wall plate and next to that the speaker mount with the wire going from the wall plate to the speaker?

I was looking into something like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E46A7I/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have universal mounts that I've been using but I placed the front 3 speakers close to the tv and had the wire come out behind the tv and to my speakers. However with the new room, I'd like some space between the tv and speakers and I haven't been using my rear speakers but will start using them again.

Just looking for some detailed pics or ideas on what to do with the wire coming from the wall.

Thanks for any input you all have.

SupermanGolfer

Auditioning
Real Name
Darren
schan1269 said:
You should follow local building code.

Making sure you've use CL rated wire...

And where I live, you must use a wall plate(wire inside the wall must terminate in a junction/gang box)...

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_717F9006WH/On-Q-6-1-Home-Theater-Expansion-Kit-White.html
Thanks schan1269...I will be using proper wiring and in my previous house, I used the type of wall plate you linked, but didn't know if there was a cleaner look, assuming to code. So do you have a small 3-6 inch wire, with banana plugs going from the wall plate to the speaker that is mounted next to the wall plate?

What pictures I can find online, look like the wire is coming out directly behind the speaker, but no close ups to confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks