What's new

Shaolin Master Killer (1 Viewer)

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Anyone have a good source for purchasing the R3 version of this film (Shaw Brothers, 1978)? Looks like R1 is out-of-print and inferior to R3.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I get all my R3 Shaw Bros DVDs from hkflix.com

Order from them all the time, no problems:emoji_thumbsup:

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
No Prob - wait until u see that disc. Youll be in heaven :)

I never thought Id have 16x9 Shaw Bros films in my DVD library.

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
Check out dddhouse.com. Usually a fair amount cheaper thank hkflix.com.

I've placed something like 6 or 7 orders from both dddhouse and hkflix. DDDhouse is cheaper, and often can ship the films faster even though they are coming from Hong Kong. I almost always have a "backordered" film or two in my hkflix orders.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Isnt HKFlix actually here in the US? I've never had anything backordered from them. Once of twice the ILV version wasnt available I got the Deltamac version instead of waiting.

I almost always had my stuff delivered within a week of receiving confirmation

Ill give DDDHouse a try though.

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
Just looking at the disc list at shaw.international.com and was pleasantly surprised to see they're up to about 220 titles available so far (I'm estimating based on 440 listings for BOTH DVD and VCD, dividing in half). And here I though I was making progress by having about 85 of them. Looks like I got a long way to go! And to think, there's something like 700 or 800 titles planned.

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
HKFlix is in the US. It seems to me that they pass a sometimes substantial markup along to the consumer. Discs which you could get for $25 HKD (about three to four dollars) are often $7 or $9 from HKflix. Celestial Shaw Bros stuff on HKflix is often $18, while you can get the same disc for $11 from DDDhouse.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for all of your help guys.

I almost hate to ask, but do you know if the R1 version is out-of-print? If not, is there a good source for it?

Thanks.

Jeff Mason

Stunt Coordinator
The R1 is most likely out of print. It would be non-letterboxed from a VHS source and would be English dubbed. It should be pretty easy to find a copy on either eBay, half.com or the like.

Edit: I stand corrected. The R1 IS out of print, but HKFlix is still selling the Crash Cinema version which is widescreen (non-anamorphic)and English dubbed. No idea of the quality on this one.

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.918/qx/details.htm

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
OK, HKFlix lists 2 different R3 versions of Shaolin Master Killer. One is made by "Deltamac" and one by "IVL." The IVL version is $4.00 more. Otherwise, the specs look identical.

Any advice here?

Thanks...

Nevermind: according to the site, the only difference is the packaging!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks