What's new

Blu-ray Review Shane Blu-Ray Review (1 Viewer)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Jon Lidolt said:
I can't believe that you would compare the new state of the art Blu-ray edition of Shane to an old VHS videotape. And speaking of fine detail: how much fine detail is there in the old video? Most of us know the answer to that one.
Well, I haven't actually seen the blu ray. I was just going by screen caps posted over at Caps-A-Doodle-Doo.

(Oh, and my post you quoted was a joke, you know. :) )

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Jon Lidolt said:
I can't believe that you would compare the new state of the art Blu-ray edition of Shane to an old VHS videotape. And speaking of fine detail: how much fine detail is there in the old video? Most of us know the answer to that one.
I thought this was August 20 and not April 1. Somebody fell for John's joke

Rick Z.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ricardo
Can't believe it's gone out of print after less than three years on the market.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Can't believe it's gone out of print after less than three years on the market.

I didn't know that it had, but in a way it's a good thing that it's sold out. It shows that some old films do sell in large quantities on Blu-ray.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I didn't know that it had, but in a way it's a good thing that it's sold out. It shows that some old films do sell in large quantities on Blu-ray.

Ah ha! - Remember, Robin9, I was teasing you about "The Southener" BR from Kino going OOP. You'd best pull that trigger! ;)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Ah ha! - Remember, Robin9, I was teasing you about "The Southener" BR from Kino going OOP. You'd best pull that trigger! ;)

I have pulled that trigger and The Southener is on its way to me! I don't believe it will sell out quickly though.:)

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I have pulled that trigger and The Southener is on its way to me! I don't believe it will sell out quickly though.:)

I know. You're right, at least judging by the interest (or lack of interest) on this forum. I started a thread and you replied - and that's it; a grand total of two people had enough interest to post.

I still think there are other posters who would typically post about this film/BR, but I'm recalling this was released in a week that saw most of the excitement generated by a batch of Twilight Time releases.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I know. You're right, at least judging by the interest (or lack of interest) on this forum. I started a thread and you replied - and that's it; a grand total of two people had enough interest to post.

I still think there are other posters who would typically post about this film/BR, but I'm recalling this was released in a week that saw most of the excitement generated by a batch of Twilight Time releases.
I know a few other people on this forum besides myself that bought The Southerner. I just haven't had time to watch my BD.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin

When I've watched it, I will post my thoughts about both the film and the disc. Singlehandedly, I'll expand the thread by 50%!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks