What's new

Severed Feet...Creepy! (2 Viewers)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Left foot, left foot. Right foot, right. Feet in the day, feet in the night. Wet foot, dry foot. High foot, low foot.........

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Interesting. I'm thinking plane crash. Although there is mention of a long lost group of travellers aboard a tiny ship that hits storms and rough waters...they were never heard from again. One was a millionaire and his wife!! ..and I believe a b-movie star!!

:p (I noticed someone mentioned Gilligan on that same page as that story. Funny stuff!)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
VANCOUVER, British Columbia — One of five feet that have mysteriously washed up on the shores of British Columbia over the past year has been linked to a depressed man who disappeared a year ago, police said Saturday.

Sgt. Pierre Lemaitre said DNA testing helped identify the man. The man's name was not made public at the family's request, he said.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Now that's strange. If he wasn't a member of the previously-mentioned group lost at sea years ago, then what's going on?

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
I'd think that crabs and fish would have made short work of the feet a long time ago. IMO the feet are related to something recent...

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, one of our resident nutters decided to upstage the severed feet story. He decided severing someone's head on a Greyhound bus would be more newsworthy. He must have been hungry, because he, reportedly, decided to chow down on the victim after finishing his "work".

I tell you, this kind of shit makes a person want to start carrying a concealed firearm or a f$%king taser.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I believe the thinking is that the cabin of the plane must have been sealed, so crabs and fish wouldn't have been able to get to the bodies. Microbial decay made, well, "long work" of severing the feet, and when the plane was recently disturbed, a door sprung open, freeing the feet so that their bouyant shoe soles could float them to the surface. This would make the feet's exposure to the "short work" critters much more abbreviated.

Personally, I think that theory's got legs.

Edwin, how many resident nutters do you have in your community? Can't you put them all on the same bus?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

With some of the crap that's been going on around here lately I would say there is quite a few. I think we would need more than one bus to hold them all.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

The "nut on the Greyhound bus" incident took place in Manitoba. The only thing worse than what he did is that everyone on the bus took off. No one even tried to stop the guy. I mean, you have a bus load of people, including the driver, and all they did was run off the bus and hold the door closed to "keep him from escaping". Of course, it seemed to escape them that even a psycho would figure out that breaking a window would allow him to get out of the bus.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Edwin,
I just wish you'd been there to run things while all those around you were freaking out.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I detect a hint of sarcasm in this reply. Maybe I should be offended, but I'm not, since you're right. It is easy to sit behind a keyboard and say that people should have reacted differently. I wasn't there so I have no idea how I would have reacted. Hell, for all I know, I might have been the first one off the bus.

I guess I shouldn't expect people to act rationally in a situation like that, especially when it's more than possible that I would have done the same thing. After all, the first reaction to danger is to remove yourself from its vicinity as fast as possible.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
"(AP) An athletic shoe containing bones and flesh has been found on a Washington state beach and authorities are investigating whether it may be linked to a series of human feet found in shoes along the coast of Canada.

Clallam County prosecutor Deb Kelly, who acts as coroner, said Monday the flesh and bones had been sent to the King County medical examiner's office in Seattle to determine if the remains are human.

If the foot is human, the next step would be DNA testing to see if it matches feet found washed ashore across the border in British Columbia.

Authorities said a woman told the Clallam County sheriff's office on Saturday that she found the black, high-top shoe along the beach on the Strait of Juan de Fuca, about 30 miles west of Port Angeles.
"

Juan de what?

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser

Think of it this way... If you didn't have a weapon on you, what would you have been able to do? Get stabbed? Where would that have gotten the situation?

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I am starting to think that none of these are related. Any body that ends up in an ocean is going to decompose and fall apart or get picked apart by scavengers. Most of these body parts are going to sink, but most shoes have some buoyancy. In addition the foot is pretty tightly packed into the shoe, so it would be the last part that scavengers could get to.

So the real question probably isn't why "severed" feet are turning up, but how many people either drown themselves or have their bodies disposed of in the ocean every day?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks