What's new

Severe problem with X-Files: Season 6 episode "Triangle" (1 Viewer)

Jari

Stunt Coordinator
All you have to do is call 1-888-223-2FOX (or 1-888-223-2369) to arrange a replacement. We suggest that you wait until the discs are actually available before making the call (reportedly in a few weeks - try in early to mid February).
Errrrr... what about customers outside USA (like me)? Do we have to buy the whole damn set AGAIN?

AdrianOC

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone ask about us poor fools outside the US that have the US boxset and what we can do to get a replacement?

Thanks in advance...

Adrian

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
This is happy, happy news. Hopefully, Canadian replacements will be honoured too.

Thank-you Fox, Mr. Staddon, and thank-you, Mr. Hunt for bringing this to our attention.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

Anyone know what information we need to have available when we call?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I just talked to a rep who said that the replacement had been delayed. (They themselves just got the memo yesterday.) She said to call back in late March.

These kinds of delays are typical when it comes to replacing discs. I remember dealing with Universal several years back to get a corrected copy of The Hard Way, which was initially released with severe audio synch problems. The date for the corrected disc kept getting postponed, but I did eventually receive it.

I suspect the hard part is getting a slot in the production shedule for pressing the replacement disc. The factories are undoubtedly booked months in advance for replicating new releases.

Anyone know what information we need to have available when we call?
Fox hasn't yet established the procedure. Again, late March.

M.

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
You know, I just received Season 6 and decided to watch parts of this episode to see what the problem was. On my Mits 55807, there was only a slight decline in video quality. The thing is, The X-Files is always shot in such dark surroundings (which I love) that it was hard to tell the video is sub-par.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
FYI:

I just called the number and they said the replacement disc will not be sent to anyone until late March or April. But, she did take down my name and address. When it does start going out I'm on the list to get one.

Jari

Stunt Coordinator

So... I'll have to shell out my cash again on this boxset. I'm not surprised at all. I wonder how many sets I'll have to buy before it's the fixed one?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
People

All you have to do is find someone in the states willing to do the exchange for you. Shouldn't be that hard

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I don't know anyone in the US so I sort of depend on FOX. :frowning:
Of course I already sent an email to dvdboxoffice where I bought the set but I highly doubt they will be able to help.
By the way: Hi everyone, it's my first posting :)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
From what I understand, it's basically this:

The discs are not licensed outside of North America, shipping replacements violates contracts and licensing.
You shouldn't have the discs in the first place, therefore they aren't obligated to support you.
This probably has all kinds of inter-branch toe stepping and all that jazz

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, it's probably about license issues. So no support from FOX.
Still waiting for the reply from dvdboxoffice....if they can't help, I'm in trouble.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

Hey, Wayne. What information did you have to give her? Do you need to give her a UPC code or anything?
Just wondering because mine's still unopened, and I want to know if I have to have it open or in front of me when I call.

Todd Robertson

Second Unit
cool...very good news. btw, why cant we find a CONCERNED guy like this to tackle the dvd rot problem? someone who cares or has a little power would be just what we need to prevent us losing our entire collections. hell, I have the $. I'll pay him myself if I have to.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Todd, because the DVD Rot problem is a manufacturing defect. I know for a fact that measures have been undertaken to increase QC, but you do get bad blanks, it's a fact of life

Matt Naglieri

Second Unit
I haven't purchased the set yet but i'm wondering if the corrected version will make it to stores anytime soon and if there will be a way to identify it? Or should I just buy it and do the exchange through fox?

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
Matt,

I doubt very much that the corrected version will find its way onto shelves anytime soon. I think you should just buy the set and mail it back to Fox.

I think it should be a pretty simple process once we get the details.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Anyone know how this works yet? Do you actually have to send back a disc or do they just mail the corrected one?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks