What's new

setup time (1 Viewer)

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
i had a thread a couple days ago about a present for my father, well i found the HTB-544 for around 400, so what the present is going to be has been decided. now i have a different question...

how long do you think it will take to set this up?

see, originally it was my plan to have it "delivered" (probably delivered to my mom at work and have her drop it off at the house like UPS, since you cant really trust ups to deliver it on a certain day) since neither me nor my sister live at home anymore

however, march 17th is a sunday, so no deliveries then. in a stroke of good luck though, i find out that on that particular sunday he will be at his church counting money for most of the morning and early afternoon, probably 4-5 hours.

as long as i have everything that i need, and have someone else just to hold stuff and help me out, i should be able to install this system in a few hours right? so that when he gets back from his church we can suprise him with a movie or something?

this isnt counting any sort of calibration, because i dont have an AVIA disc or and SPL and between the stuff i have bought lately and this present, there is no way for me to aquire one. i will see if i can find anyone on campus that already has one so that i can borrow it...

Loring

Stunt Coordinator
I would guess...that you could get the system installed and wired within the time frame you gave. Just make sure you read the manual thoughly.
If you don't have speaker stands get them to be ready. Also calibration can be done by ear but a correct calibration with a setup disk and a SPL is best.
Hope your father will enjoy what you have bought him.
I would also suggest going to a home depot and getting some larger speaker wire.. just remember that the speakers are clip connections..(unless they change the kit since the htb-504, I was going to get that kit before I went with what I have now.. hk receiver and jbl s speakers and svs sub in about a month or two.)
But what ever you do. Enjoy it. And take your time and RTFM... ;)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I would think if you get the stuff a little ahead of time and have a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the connections and the manual- you should be fine.

I would suggest popping it out of the box when it arrives and look over the connection setup- and make sure you see the connections they describe in the book. If you run through everything ahead of time, you should have plenty of time.

-V

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
thats exactly what i was going to do, get the manual out and read it a couple times.

he has surround speaker stands, but due to the room layout the front speakers will have to be in a most untriumphant spot, on top of our entertainment center. but thats something he is going to have to fight with my mom over, since speaker stands where the front speakers should go would ruin her "country" look in our living room.

also, is there anyone who could measure the height of the center speaker for me? i need to figure out where i can put that. its 5 and 7/8s inches or less i wont have a problem, but if its bigger, then there could be some rearranging needed...

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
also, i have some 14 gauge speaker wire to use with the fronts and centers, the surround speaker is already put underneath the carpet, so it will have to stay

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks