What's new

Setting up Denon 1803 (1 Viewer)

Ritchie T

Agent
Im about to start hooking up my speaker and configure my reciever pretty soon.

So this is what Im working with:

Polk

RTi38's (front)
CSi30( center)
Rti28's (surround)
PSW404

Im pretty sure I have to set my surrounds and center to "Small"

But what about my RTi38's for the front? I was planning to set them on "large", but after reading Polk's site, it recommends to set them on small.

Whats your guys opinion on how I should set this?

Also, will it be better to hook up my fronts directly to the reciever, or into my subwoofer? Also should I connect the reciever to the sub through filtered or unfiltered? Ill be using the Acoustic Research Pro II RCA sub cable.

Thanks

jeff_coil

Stunt Coordinator
Richie T,
I would hook your fronts up to the amp/rcvr and set them to small with a crossover around 80hz on the Denon.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Richie, don't be misled by a speaker system's physical size. What you're after is decent bass management, which the Denon will provide if you select "Small" for those mains. Enjoy that system! JB

EricSm

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a very similiar setup(CSI40, FXI30's being the difference) and I run all speakers as small. I find it preferable for movies. However, for 2-channel audio I'll often run the mains as large, and bypass the sub. It just sounds better to me that way. Let me know your thoughts once you've got it all hooked up.

TylerZ

Stunt Coordinator
Fronts, center, surround all set to 'small', subwoofer set to 'on' or 'yes'.

Brian McL

Auditioning
Wow! Your setup is almost identical to mine! Difference being my sub is a 303 and the receiver being a 1603.

Do you have your speakers in cherry? I do and they look great! To bad the Csi30 and sub don't have that option.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks