What's new

Setting Dipole distance (1 Viewer)

ChrisGlass

Auditioning
I was just reading and article on the Anthem AV20, it states

"Surround and rear speakers can be designated as Dipoles, in which case no delay is used for them."

Is this true for setting the delays on all recievers and pre-pros? Should I be running my ADP-170's dipoles off my Onk 575x with 0 on the rear speaker distants set-up?

Chris

Ned

Supporting Actor
Interesting question. I have the ADP-170? also. Currently they are set to their approximate distance. Hmmmmmmm

ChrisGlass

Auditioning
Hi Ned
I thought that question might intrigue somebody. Nice to see another person from "The Big Smoke". Went to your site, nice setup. How do you like those B&W's (Like I have to ask;) I read that little passage form Stereophiles Guide To Home Theater and it caught my curious bone. I have my ADP's set up about 6 ft up and about 4 ft from the sweet spot. I tried changing the distance last night and actually seemed to sound better, not louder, just seemed to open things up a bit in the surrounds. If anybody else has any theories about please help.
Thanks,
Chris

Ned

Supporting Actor
The B+W's are ok :)
I'll try setting distance to zero tonight. Mine were set to about 6' in the receiver. IIRC, 1' = 1ms of delay. So if the dipole bounces off the front wall, that could add around 15-25ms of delay depending on the room. I have been noticing that my dipoles are sounding a bit "detached" from the sound. Maybe it's just a case of too much delay.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks