What's new

Seti@home pt. 2 (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Chris, enjoy the #7 spot one more day. :) I made a change to my script over the weekend to have my slaves use a SetiQ machine I've set up instead of the Seti@Home server. After testing I forgot to change the script back to using the full machine list. So only my 2 test machines did any work last night.
frown.gif

------------------
Too many DVDs, too little time...

Darrell C

Auditioning
Wow, I am really impressed. I went on a two-week vacation and returned to find the HT club at #127. At the rate we are climbing, the top 100 should not be too far off. Great work everybody. My personal celebration will be when I hit the 1000 mark.
Slave masters, keep cracking those whips....
Darrell
------------------
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is cheap whiskey.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
1000 is now mine!!! Unfortunately, this happens right after I fall from the Top 10... oh well, onward and upward (especially all of you slave drivers!) Next destination - TOP 100 CLUBS!
"Back when I was young, you didn't neeeed any thousand work units to stay in the Top 10. There were only eleven of us and if you were the unlucky bastard that was number eleven we'd point and laugh at you and say things like "well look at youuuu, Mr. Slow Poke, can't afford a better computer." Then we'd throw things at 'em or spit on 'em and thats the way it was and we LIKED IT!!!"

Chris White

Second Unit
Update!
As of 8:45 PM EST, the Home Theater Forum Seti Club has surpassed SETI@Estonia to become #126! How do I know it happened at 8:45 PM? At 8:43 PM we were unit behind. Over the next few minutes I uploaded the completed units from my home computer.
Dennis: Congratulations! In the beginning, there was no T-1 line. We strapped our computers on our back and walked to our nearest neighbor with a phone (who was located 8 miles, up a hill) and connected our computers to the Seti mainframe with a 2800 baud modem and waited in ice cold rooms for hours to download another work unit. And we were happy to do it. :)
Chris: A purchase order or two sounds like a great idea. Since we're losing Dr. Howard's productivity, we need you to take up the slack! :)
Patrick: You're right. The team is performing admirably. Most teams that have our productivity have either a super performer or two (e.g., over 10,000 unit) or a lot more members.
Craig: Thank you!! It was very generous of you to allow me to bask in the glow for another 24 hours. :) Still, the team comes first so get your slaves into gear and pass me by!
Darrell: We are definitely making a steady assault on the top 100, but it would sure be nice to have a few new members.
------------------
The Whites' Home Theater Website
Pictures, DIY Projects, Glossaries, FAQ, Links, Toshiba Tips & Tweaks

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
I cracked the whip pretty darn hard today!
Found a couple of CPUs that needed burn-in.
wink.gif

I have 16 slaves cranking for me and nothing slower than a PII350...most of them are 550 and above. I have a couple of dual 866mhz ZEONs searching the sky.
I should be able to crank out 30 units a day during the week now and at least 45 a day on the weekends.
Paul and I have been eye-balling a monster of a Sparc server that has a cpu that isn't too busy....we have our Oracle person scared silly. Bwaaaahahahahahaha!
So many data units..so little CPU time...
I think we need another membership drive!

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
My slaves are back on the job and we had a pretty good night. I uploaded 150 units from my SetiQ server this morning!
biggrin.gif

If only I could use them on weekends...
------------------
Too many DVDs, too little time...

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
I underestimated my new productivity level.
It appears that I am doing about 40 units per day during the week. This means I should do about 60 on the weekends.
I am getting ready to celebrate the 2000 unit milestone.
I shall consume a highly toxic shot of booze.
:)

Ben Guyton

Grip
Right there with ya, Chris! Congrats on the new slaves. I should be breaking into the top 10 this weekend, so I will make a cheer to you and I with a potent shot of something with Everclear in it! Woooohoooo! I LOVE the weekends.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Link Removed Ben Guyton
Proud member of The Everclear All-Stars: Division of The Platinum Livers Club

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
We need a membership drive! This is the Home Theater Forum with 13k + members!
Where are all those CPUs?
------------------
I did nothing...I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be..

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
Come on Seti Team! We will break into the top 200 of all teams if we can just push a little harder!
More slaves...more members! More posting to get the attention of the membership!
------------------
I did nothing...I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be..

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Finally, I've completed 1 year of CPU time, with 736 units to show for it.
I just upgraded my home computer to a P3/800, and after I get it settled in, I'll put it to work.

Wade

Stunt Coordinator
100 here we come. At this rate we're going to be in the top 200 of all groups soon.
Good thing my lone computer didn't crash during my 3 week absence. I hit 900 while I was gone but it looks like I lost the pack. I better get to steppin', I've got to get that full year of CPU time. I should be back to full speed, if not more
wink.gif
, come Monday morning.
Mister Gin

Ben Guyton

Grip
Yeehaw! I made it to the top 10! This weekend I'm gonna go to the beach and drink many many drinks in celebration!
------------------
Link Removed Ben Guyton
Proud member of The Everclear All-Stars: Division of The Platinum Livers Club

Kevin P

Screenwriter
I just got a new system at home, a P3/800. I don't think the wifey will let me keep it on 24/7, but I might install Seti on it to run in the background. I bet it'll crunch units in under 6 hours a pop :)
My PC at work is on unit #137, but I shut it down on weekends.
KJP
------------------
In New Hampshire, there are only two seasons: winter, and road construction season.

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
The Rogue is going down!
wink.gif
I will have #5 position in about 36 hours.
I found a couple of rebeling slaves but I quickly kicked them in the a*s and they are now crunching units for me again.
Our team simply rules!
It is hard to find another team out there with as many power crunchers among them. Heck we currently have over 71 members with over 100 units and 30 members with over 500!
To top it off we have 12 (almost 13) users with over 1000 units! Check out other teams...you just don't see our kind of productivity as a whole.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I just upgraded to a P3/800E at home, which I think takes 6-7 hours to process a unit in Windows 98.
I'm back in the top 20, if only briefly!

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
Well, I'm definitely out of the top 20 within the nexty week. Leaving for FL saturday. Both the office and the home PC's will be shutdown for the duration ... eight to nine days.
frown.gif
I'll be back at work processing my 5 to 6 work units a day as soon as I get home though. You may knock me out of the "top xx", but you won't shut me down for good! :)
My current objective is 1000 units ... should be around the end of September. Then my next target will be to broach the 99th percentile. That's an objective within my means, I do believe ... even with my two measely little slaves!! Bwaahahahaha!! :)
G'night,
------------------
pat----
home: [email protected]
work: [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks