What's new

Seti@home pt. 2 (1 Viewer)

Robert Elrod

Agent
I wrote an email to Ron, explaining that the HTF group is now in the top 200 of all groups. He said that he would include a member drive in the new newsletter. If we could get like 1000 members, we could easily be in the top 25.
------------------
Robert Elrod
www.perfectfusion.com
Feel free to visit my DVD or Link Removed lists.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
"...member drive in the new newsletter."
That is great news Robert! This could make a big push.

Greg Stone

Agent
Dr. Chris White - thanks for the updates, as I don't always get a chance to look over at SETI. I appreciate you taking the time to do this.
BTW, installed the version 3.0 this morning and it does seem a tad faster. Painless install also, you don't even have to stop the previous version. Best to catch it right after it transmits a finished unit if you can.
------------------
Greg
Join the HTF Seti@Home Team!

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
Ver. 3 is faster on my PC. My average has already dropped, meaning it's quite a bit faster, considering I had 1000 units before changing over, and am now only approaching 1100...
Mike

brian a

Second Unit
Just wanted to let you guys know that the company that I'm working for is David Anderson's (the lead on Seti@home) new home. We're doing the same thing for multiple projects. Genome work, drug research, CGI rendering, climatology >sic

Chris White

Second Unit
Welcome aboard Paul!
Thanks Greg. What can I say? I enjoy tracking the progress of this amazing team. Speaking of which...
Ranking Update!
All Seti Teams #185

------------------
The Whites' Home Theater Website
Pictures, DIY Projects, Glossaries, FAQ, Links, Toshiba Tips & Tweaks

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
Broke 4000 units this weekend.
I want to catch Jeff Blair. Bwaaahahahahahaha!
Forget Craig...he is on a rocket ship and there is no touchin him. Although....if he were to publish that script he has...maybe...just maybe.
Now the good news team....I have a dual 1ghz server and a dual 866mhz coming in this week that will surely need some burn in.
wink.gif
That outa add about 25 units a day to my existing 30 or so.
Somebody stop me!!!!!!
------------------
I did nothing...I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be..

Lary Larson

Stunt Coordinator
Just reached 666 units on Halloween. Mwaahaahaaha!
Reminds me of the local pick 3 lotto when 666 came up on Halloween a few years ago. The lotto lady did a double-take when that came up (as did I)!
Lary

Jeff Blair

Second Unit
Chris, NO FAIR!!!!
wink.gif
Send some of them my way.
Ok, on a more serious note. I do need some help. I just got a batch file that will make SAH a service on NT. But, there is one down side. It sets the priority at low. I was wondering how you can change it to normal. Thanks. And I need to get more slaves going.
------------------
Jeff Blair
It's not just a hobby, it's an obsession!

Chris White

Second Unit
Ranking Update!
All Seti Teams #180

We're closing fast on Grayson County College (#179) and SETICZ (#178) and may pass them both before the day is out.
------------------
The Whites' Home Theater Website
Pictures, DIY Projects, Glossaries, FAQ, Links, Toshiba Tips & Tweaks

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Since downloading 3.0 (command line) I've noticed that my PII 400 NT machine at work is taking longer to process units than with 2.4 (command line.) Is anyone else experiencing this?
BTW, on my computer at home (Athlon 700 Win98SE) the command line v3.0 is faster! Hmmm, very odd, very odd indeed...

MikeSerrano

Second Unit
After a fast start, I'm slowly creeping up the list now... it took me nearly 3 weeks to go from the top 70 to the top 60.
frown.gif

However, it looks like I'll be hijacking adding 30 Celeron 550 slaves in the next couple of weeks. :)
-Mike

Patrick Ouellet

Auditioning
Dennis: I've noticed the same thing.
With my PII-350 under W2K at work, it takes about 1 hour more to process with v3.0. However, with my Duron@968 under W2K at home, the process time has been cut in half with v3.0.
Odd indeed. Maybe v2.4 wasn't taking full advantage of newer AMD processors....
Take care.
Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks