Serial Mom full-screen only?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Kevin Phillips, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Al (alweho)

Al (alweho) Second Unit

Could it be a problem with overscan on my set Julian?

I've not only purchased this title for myself but given quite a few copies away as gifts. All appear to be full screen.

2. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

Quite possibly. The best way to see the actual aspect ratio is to play it on a computer in a window -- that way there's 0% overscan and you'll see (rather small) black bars on top and bottom.

3. Kevin Phillips

Kevin Phillips Auditioning

I just tried the DVD on my computer. It is definitely non-anamorphic widescreen. On my 4:3 display, the window is the same dimensions as the monitor, but with black bars on top and bottom so what you see is 16:9. On my laptop's 16:9 display, the movie has black bars on all 4 sides.

4. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

I bought my copy from the Wal-Mart $5.50 bin. I love the movie... it is so wickedly funny.

Ryan

5. Al (alweho)

Al (alweho) Second Unit

Have you visited the website for John Waters latest? A Dirty Shame? The trailer is now up online - unbelievably it is a green "All Audiences" preview for an NC-17 rated film.

Best lines: "Dad! Somebody's licking our tires!" and "My name is Ray Ray, and I'm here to service you."

The Hokey Pokey is what's all about. [​IMG]

6. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

I love the trailer so much! I saw Harold and Kumar and was pleasantly surprised to witness my first NC-17 trailer in a theatre. I heard a lot of people gasp at some the raunch, and I explained to a few people in my group about how great it could be, and how Tracey Ullman is a genious.

ry