What's new

Sergio Leone Anthology on Blu-Ray????? (1 Viewer)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Ho hum, bursted bubble. Story updated and retracted. I've had my fill of the internet today - I'm off to watch some HD/BD content.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
How quickly things change.

I cannot tell from the article if it means the Sergio collection will not make it in 2007 or not. Hope it does, I was much looking forward to it.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Is anyone really surprised by this announcement? I'm just glad I got my copy of DYS for $15 and can enjoy it now. The print looks very good, BTW.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Same link I posted two posts ago.:D . Although it does deserve a second posting.

I am getting tired of reading the news on HD and BD. It is seldom good news.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Sorry. I completely missed that.

I came screaming in here after reading that article on High-Def Digest, and it was about all I could do to keep from typing the abbreviation for for unlawful carnal knowledge in 18-point font, bolded, and underlined.:angry:

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
I know how you felt. I was feeling the same. I really am beginning to hate the studios.:eek:

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I just wonder how these news outlets can get things so completely wrong. To me it almost seems impossible, and I wonder if it is more the case of someone announcing something they weren't supposed to yet rather than being wrong.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

That could very well be also. This is the trouble with depending information from "inside" sources. Just because a project get started doesn't necessarily mean it will make it to the marketplace. There have been plenty of announced titles that never made it to store shelves over the years.

Doug

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Sigh... I suppose it wouldn't be HD without a retraction...

How many times is this that HMM has gotten this sort of thing wrong? It seems to happen a lot more often than I would like. :angry:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I know The Good, The Bad and The Ugly has been issued on blu ray this year. I am puzzled at way MGM didn't put out a box set of 3 or 4 of the Leone films as they did for DVD?

I'm holding off purchase as I would like to get the films in a box set.

Is there any news on this front?

Thanks!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
No news from MGM on the remaining 2 films then? Maybe Paramount will have better luck with Once Upon A Time In the West?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
MGM HD is showing all 3 of the Eastwood films this month. No news on the blu rays of the first two though...

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Blu-ray.com had a story about some upcoming Fox releases on blu ray. For A Few Dollars More is listed as possibly coming next June.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3801

Has anyone heard anything further about a Leon blu ray box set?

I have to say I was very surprised about the news as MGM is having financial woes. Does Fox dictate what MGM is to release on blu ray?
I would love to see the other 9 James Bond films on blu ray.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Sergio Leone / Eastwood trilogy blu ray on June 7, 2010 for Region 2 UK..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0039WHKHM?tag=thedigitalbit-20&link_code=as2&creativeASIN=B0039WHKHM&creative=374929&camp=211189

No US news. The Digital Bits posted the following today:

And here's something interesting: Fox and MGM have officially announced a Sergio Leone Spaghetti Western Trilogy for Blu-ray release in the U.K. on 6/7, including A Fistful of Dollars, the previously released The Good, The Bad and the Ugly and For a Few Dollars More. In fact, it's available for pre-order now on Amazon.co.uk. I've contacted Fox here in the States for word about a U.S. release and they haven't responded yet, but we'll keep on them to find out. This title ABSOLUTELY NEEDS TO BE RELEASED IN THE U.S. TOO! We'll post an update as soon as we have anything new.

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
while this is great news that its coming out here in June,where's " Fist Full of Dynamite " which was in the Dvd set
also if they were planing this ,why have us spent on the good bad and Ugly,two things that won't even be brought
up on web reviews ,when it comes out

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
It is too bad that Fistful of Dynamite is not being included. I am still VERY excited that the Trilogy set is coming to the US in June. I've held out from the Anthology DVD set as I knew these were coming to blu ray. I believe For A Few Dollars More was announced as one of the original blu ray titles from MGM in 2006!!

I posted this before I believe, but find the article interesting. It's from 2007 and it is a discussion of the remastering of Fistful of Dollars for a future blu ray release.

http://digitalcontentproducer.com/mil/features/restoration_bluray/

Does anyone have further info on whether these are new restoration prints then?
MGM HD also showed the films in November 2009. Did anyone see these versions?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks