What's new

"Serenity" 12/20/05 (SEE post #38 for details) (1 Viewer)

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
I want the international poster as box art. Hell, even if they hadn't changed a THING I might have re-bought just so the ridiculous box art on the current edition would be toast.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
SERENITY: COLLECTORS EDITION
August 21

Aspect Ratio:
2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen

Sound:
Dolby Digital 5.1
DTS 5.1

-Audio Commentary 1 by Joss Whedon
-Audio Commentary 2 by Joss Whedon, Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin, Summer Glau and Ron Glass
-Joss Whedon introduction
-Deleted scenes with director commentary
-Extended scenes
-Outtakes

Featurettes:
Take A Walk On Serenity
The Green Clan
We'll Have A Fruity Oaty Good Time!
A Filmmaker's Journey
Future History: The Story Of Earth That Was
Re-lighting The Firefly
What's In A Firefly?
Session 416
Sci-Fi Inside: Serenity

Info from:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/serenity5.html

Mary_P

Second Unit
I believe Universal is giving a voucher for these to each city doing a "Serenity" charity screening later this month. It'll be part of the door prize draw in each city, and fulfilled when the disc comes out.

Details on the screenings and list of participating cities at: http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to the Chicago show. We've got the theatre for the whole night and will also be showing the fan documentary "Done the Impossible."

Mary

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
Are all the extras from the previous edition carried over to this release? (And will there be a new HD DVD edition as well?)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

Yes, all the extras from the original are included, so there's no reason to keep that one. I don't know about HD, though.

The original release extras are in bold:

-Audio Commentary 1 by Joss Whedon
-Audio Commentary 2 by Joss Whedon, Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin, Summer Glau and Ron Glass
-Joss Whedon introduction
-Deleted scenes with director commentary
-Extended scenes
-Outtakes

Featurettes:
Take A Walk On Serenity
The Green Clan
We'll Have A Fruity Oaty Good Time! - I assume this was the easter egg, but It's been a while since I've seen it.
A Filmmaker's Journey
Future History: The Story Of Earth That Was
Re-lighting The Firefly
What's In A Firefly?

Session 416
Sci-Fi Inside: Serenity

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

So far a new HD DVD version hasn't been announced and I haven't seen any speculation that there will be one either. :frowning:

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Well the current release does look very good! With player prices coming down and the great deal being offered for HTF members at ValueElectronics I wouldn't wait another minute.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Wait, what? By all accounts, the current HD-DVD of Serenity is absolutely gorgeous.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Per se I don't really want to double-dip any existing titles I already have on SD DVD with straight hi def replacements -- I might consider a few absolute favourite titles in due course (maybe the Matrix set, Star Wars if it ever comes out...) but otherwise I'd only move to hi def when a new title that is just too enticing is released. I am considering double-dipping on the new Serenity SE, so in a sense that's a 'new title' that could push me over; others could be Heroes and BSG S3.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I said the same thing initially. But trust me... once you get accustomed to how great HD film looks compared to SD you'll probably want to upgrade much more than you realize. That's the problem I face right now because SD just looks so dull in comparison.

With regards to Serenity I'll be picking up the new SD release simply because I'm a browncoat at heart. And a total sucker too. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks