Seraphim Falls Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Reggie W, May 24, 2010.

1. Reggie W

Reggie W Cinematographer

Gregory Arkadin
    I was wondering if anybody can tell me if the Blu-ray for Seraphim Falls on sale at amazon.co.uk here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seraphim-Falls-Blu-ray-Pierce-Brosnan/dp/B000YPYC3M/ref=pd_sim_d_h__14

is region locked or if it is playable in blu-ray players worldwide.

I think this is a great film and a very overlooked western of recent vintage and would love to add it to my collection on blu but so far can't turn up this info.

Also if you own this blu-ray what do you think of it?

2. AppleSpider

AppleSpider Agent

According to this page....

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Seraphim-Falls-Blu-ray/1744/

It's region free.

3. Yumbo

Yumbo Cinematographer

4. Reggie W

Reggie W Cinematographer

Gregory Arkadin
    Thanks guys, I placed the order. This film is beautifully shot and I believe will look great on Blu. Really a film people should check out.

5. Richard Gallagher

Reviewer

Rich Gallagher
    I watched my copy last night, and it looks and sounds very good. The only problem I encountered is with the extra, which apparently is a "making of" featurette. I could hear it, but there is no picture. Someone from Connecticut posted a review at amazon.co.uk saying that he experienced the same thing.

Could this be a case of the extra being region-coded even though the feature is region-free?

In any event, it's not that big of a deal because the BD only cost about $10 including shipping.

6. Worth

Worth Screenwriter

Nick Dobbs
    The extras are probably either encoded as 1080i/50 if they're HD, or in PAL if they're SD. Some North American blu-ray players will be able to play that back, some won't.

7. Richard Gallagher

Reviewer

Rich Gallagher

Thanks. The notes don't specify how the featurette (called "Behind the Scenes of Seraphim Falls") is encoded. They just say that the feature is 1080p and that the audio for the featurette is DTS, so I have no idea of the video for the extras is HD or SD.

None of Amazon's reviewers mention the featurette except the one U.S. customer who also could heard it but not see it. It must be a peculiarity of this disc because I have had no problem with extras on other Blu-rays from the U.K.