What's new

Selling DVD's (1 Viewer)

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
Question guys I am selling about 55 dvd's most likely on Egay what do you think is the best way to do so? Should I break them up into a few auctions or just one big one? how do most of you guys do it?

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Seperate them. You would get more cash that way and they'd be easier to sell.
Also email me your list. Id like to see what youre selling. :D

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Me too..
You might want to also list them at, the avscience.com forum along with posting them here in software for sale or trade section!
Rhett

Patrick Wilmes

Stunt Coordinator
I also agree that splitting them up is the right thing to do to get the most money but it will be more of a hassle.You could post 5-10 a week for about 6 weeks so it is easier to handle the auctions.Just my thoughts.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Grouping anything nearly always nets you less money, but it's the easiest. Selling each individually gets you the most, but it's the most hassle, not only because you must create more auctions but because you must deal with more people, more shipments, more feedback, etc. Only you can decide what is more important. For me, I rarely group anything - I want that money!
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Or you can list them on half.com (a wing of eBay), where you just enter the UPC and a price and you're done. You set the price to sell and it's a lot less hassle. The commissions to half.com ends up usually at about the shipping, so you have to set your price sufficiently high to cover shipping, but I've sold quite a few that way. Obviously, if you've got rarities like Salo, etc., you'll want to go the auction lot. But this works pretty well for garden variety titles.
------------------
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
Thanks for the suggestions guys I appreciate it. Another thing and i know this may be a dumb question to ask but how do you guys ship them, especially if you are sending individual dvds. Where do you get boxes at? Sorry this is the first time I am cleaning out the collection so bare with me guys Thanks!

Jodee

Screenwriter
I also give a big thumbs up to Half.com. You can set whatever price you want, and leave them up for as long as you want. If they don't sell after awhile you can always knock the price down a buck or two. It is much less hassle than Ebay where you have to hope the person looking for your item happens to be looking during that week your auction is occurring. Plus you don't have to kkep track of who has paid you, if their check cleared, etc. You just wait until it sells, pop it in the mail and wait to get paid. Half.com also has direct deposit which allows you to get paid every 15 days which is very convenient.
As far as boxes are concerned, this might be too late to help you, but I happen to save every box of every DVD that I purchase online. A great way to save money and the environment at the same time. I buy so many DVDs I always happen to have a few extra boxes laying around from Deep Discount DVD.
I fyou go the Ebay route and offer Priority Mail, the post office gives out freee boxes for priority service.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Just as a warning-stay away from Half.com. See, they have this little problem that they refuse to acknowledge that the world outside the United States exists...
Sorry, I just have a BIG problem with Canadians getting the short end of the stick on some of these things. I buy stuff online all the time, and it's especially bad on Ebay (but this is just individual sellers, and not a company). So Ebay=good, forums like this=good, even switchouse=okay, but half=bad.

Roger Bijou

Auditioning
The US Post Office will GIVE you Priority Mail boxes and tape. Or you can go to their website and order supplies on-line - FREE. Just make sure you advertise that buyers pay for USPS Priority Mail postage.

Jodee

Screenwriter
Chris,
Shipping to Canada from the US is a major pain. I am glad that Half.com is US only. Sorry.
I used to hate it when I'd sell things on Ebay and I'd indicate US bidders only, and then the high bidder would be someone from another country, which required a whole different postage scale as well as forms to fill out.
I know it's frustrating you can't buy and sell from Half,com but I think they are trying to make it as easy on the shippers as possible and requiring people to sell across the border is just too complicated for each transaction. I wouldn't use Half.com if I had to go through that every time I sold a DVD.
Maybe they'll eventually open up a Canadian Half.com?

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Is shipping internationally really that hard? Anytime I ship to the states, it's a matter of a)a different shipping rate, and b)a little 2 line customs form that goes on the package. Virtually no difference from shipping domestic. Is it different down there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks