What's new

Selective emphasis of treble (1 Viewer)

Barry1234

Auditioning
Real Name
Barry
I am aware that if you jack up the treble for a song with a wav editor, you jack up all the treble points, such as the "s" sound in lyrics as well as the cymbals, just like when you turn up the treble knob on a stereo.

However, I was wondering whether there is a program that allows you to select and emphasize only treble signals within the mix that meet a certain sonic frequency, so that, for example, the resulting equalization only causes the cymbal crashes to stand out more, nothing else. I realize the mixing of the song means the signal to be emphasized can never be perfectly isolated, but is there such a program that can attempt something like this?

I am assuming the the sonic signature of a cymbal crash is sufficiently different from the singer using words that have "s" in them, that a software program would be able to tell the difference and increase one without increasing the other. Thanks in advance.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I am aware that if you jack up the treble for a song with a wav editor, you jack up all the treble points, such as the "s" sound in lyrics ...

I don't think that's correct. When you increase the treble you increase a wide range of higher frequencies; but that may or may not include the "'s' sound is lyrics"., depending upon what's generating the 's'. For instance, adjusting the treble for Darth Vader won't do a thing. (Except maybe piss him off.)

I any case, a graphic or parametric equalizer are both capable of being more precise in targeting frequencies to change. I'm sure there are programs that mimics those devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks