What's new

Seinfeld (1 Viewer)

Does anyone have news about Richards, Alexander and Louis-Dreyfus not wanting to participate on the DVD release?

Thibault.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Michael Richards DID agree to participate and Jerry was going to talk with Julia Louis-Dreyfuss and Jason Alexander during or after the Christmas holidays to try to convince them to be involved. The supporting cast's problem is that Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld stand to make tens of millions of dollars on the DVD releases and all they were offering the supporting cast was "talent" money for recording, no residuals or anything. I can't really blame them at all, but I sure do hope everybody works everything out so they can really do a good job with this series.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Well, Michael Richards actually has something to do with a home video release of "Fridays" written into his contract when he was on the show, so he should know all about getting a piece of the action. I think he can actually decide when or if the show is released, and I've heard that from a couple of industry people.

It's not anyone's fault but there's that they didn't negotiate for a piece of home video for their contracts. At the time I doubt they would have been turned down since no one had any idea that home video sales would ever amount to anything.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks