What's new

See Wes Anderson's "Hotel Chevalier" for free on iTunes (1 Viewer)

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Wes Anderson's short "Hotel Chevalier" will be screened on Tuesday at 4 Apple Stores (San Francisco, LA, NY, and Chicago), and then will be available for free on iTunes on Wednesday. Pretty cool I say. I guess that means we'll know for sure real soon if the rumored Natalie Portman nude scene is actually real! ;)

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/09/24/...ier-on-itunes/

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
That sucks... I wonder if you can create an alternate login for iTunes so it thinks you're an American (I'm sure they track that by IP anyway so it probably won't work but you could give it a shot).

I have Quicktime Pro and just tried to export it to a format I can play on my PS3, but that didn't seem to work, as the Export option is greyed out. Oh well, I'll wait till I can get home to watch it on my desktop. The sound is pretty quiet on my laptop, even turned up all the way.

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
Disclaimer: I am generally not Anderson's biggest fan, so I might just be outside of his target audience.

Wasn't enthralled by this short, and it didn't really make me want to see Darjeeling more than before. It's a mood piece, with a little mystery behind the Schwartzman - Portman relationship. Anderson's style, especially his fetishistic framing, is evident. My biggest curiosity from watching Chevalier was the relationship of the two. But Schwartzman as an individual character? No interest. The Darjeeling trailer has nothing on Portman; maybe she'll have a minor or cameo role, but if she appeared as a major character in the trailer, I think this short would have peaked my interest more in the feature film.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
My American iTunes account was fully functional when I was in Italy. I think they only care about the national origin of your credit card (and the address you give).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm not an Anderson fan, but it was a pretty good short. I wouldn't watch Darjeeling in the theater, but that doesn't mean much. I haven't seen anything in the theater since Rocky Balboa.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It was interesting enough with some of the visual and dialog-driven cues scattered throughout, and the visual punchline at the end made me laugh out loud.

One question though: How short is Jason Schwartzman? I realize the framing was carefully tailored to emphasize phsyically Portman's character's emotional dominance over Schwartzman's character, but Portman towered over him in the three inch heels and she's not a tall woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks