What's new

Secrets Product Review - Sony SCD-CE775 CD/SACD Player - April, 2002 (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Here's a good read about Sony's entry level Multi-Channel SACD changer.
Link Removed

Joe Cole

Second Unit
Chuck,
Thanks for the info. I have the xa777es and its remote does not look as near as good as this units remote. Why would that be? A 3k list player has a little cheesey remote and the 200 buck one has a better remote.
Not that it matters, I use my pronto anyway. :)

Brian Glaeske

Stunt Coordinator
This is one of the few SACD players that does bass management, but I have yet to see (maybe I'm blind) what the cross-over point is.

What is it, 100hz?

Brian G.

AaronD

Stunt Coordinator
After this unit hit $179 I broke down and bought one. I was waiting until I could pick up a 222es or 555es but $179 was just too low to pass up. I still hope to pick up a 222es for my main system and move this guy to a second system.

Anyways, I'm pretty pleased with it. SACD sounds clear and open, but I haven't had much of a chance to listen to regular CD's on it. I was leary about getting this player because of how it's CD performance was rated on this board. But, according the secrets article it's technically better at somethings than an older ES cd only player...That helps me like it a little more.

And if all else fails, I've still got my single disc NAD to fall back on.

Oh, the cross over point is at 120hz I belive. Not perfect, but it's something.

-Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks