SECONDHAND LIONS: Dual layer or not?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Yumbo, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Yumbo

Yumbo Cinematographer

hi,

I have 2 copies, 1 is dual layer GOLD, and the other is silver.

can anyone explain?

thanks

2. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    That used to be the way to tell, it's no longer a rule but more of a guideline.

The rental copy I picked up yesterday had both widescreen and full frame versions on one side and the extras were on the other side of the disk. Incidentally, both sides were gold in colour.

3. Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran Supporting Actor

In short not all dual layered DVD's are gold anymore.

4. WilliamG

WilliamG Supporting Actor

Just when this thread had gathered a thin layer of dust, I found a need to "bring it to the top" again. I rented this disc tonight and just finished watching it. Flipped it over to watch the extras, and it would not play in my machine. I have a Panasonic RP-56. When the tray closes, it seems like it's having trouble reading it ..."click-click" .."click-click" a couple of times. Then the spin up sound and nothing. I tried ejecting and replacing. THEN the little clip of Haley Joel Osment getting out of the car segueing to the Special Features screen. I then selected "Deleted/Alternate Scenes". And then the thing just locked up. I still had the Special Features screen, but the buttons would not respond and nothing played. Has anyone had trouble like this on this disc? Again, the movie side played fine; but the extras- no go! Is this yet another player-specific problem?
    Thanks!