What's new

Seattle / Tacoma Meet Lets start it (1 Viewer)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Trevor
Sounds like a nice setup. How's the Tosh look for HD shows? Do you get OTA? I'm thinking of getting the cable HD, but haven't heard good things about either HBO or Showtime so far. The HK receiver must be sweet. Right now, my set up is in an open ended living room and I'm not getting the best sound out of my system, which is why I'm looking into getting a buddy to help me make a HT in the garage this summer. Nice to post with a fellow Auburn HTer.

TrevorST

Stunt Coordinator
Jordan,
The Toshiba looks great with HD even though I don't have it set up for HD at the moment. I moved the Sat receiver into the family room to use with m 32" Panasonic HD set, as that is where we watch most of our TV. We use the HT room for movies and concerts. I was looking at buying a Samsung 160 receiver then I could move my Toshiba unit back into the HT, but with the talk of HD Tivo units coming out I may hold of.

If you want to drop over one night for a couple of hours let me know.

p.s. I noticed the Roger Waters piece on your signature. His concert DVD looks and sounds great, it is my new favorite.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah, IN THE FLESH is in heavy rotation on my DVD list. The Queen Greatest Hits, vol. 1 also kicks it pretty hard! Just got a SACD/DVDA Pioneer combo unit and have been playing my lone DVDA, Hotel California, to death.
Thanks for the invite! With the wife due to give birth anytime within the next couple weeks, my schedule is far from set. But maybe sometime in the spring?
2 HD sets?! Am I jealous! I watch little HD, as the wife and I spend the evenings in the bedroom. If she sleeps early, I get to catch a 10PM show, such as Miracles, every once in awhile.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
Just one question I asked before but never got answered is this going to be like a potluck event or eat before you come?? hehe just wanted to know so I could plan on bringing something.

TrevorST

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted to wish you good luck on your grand event tonight Tommy.
I wish I could have been there.

Tommy_C

Stunt Coordinator
Went great, hope we have more around town. We had a full house 12 plus me total.

Thanks again
TC

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
yeah it was a-lot of fun. Great theater Tom hearing that 7.1 setup is really making me want to run out and get another center channel so I can hook up my 6.1

Tom,

Had a great time, you have a wonderful family, house and theater. Joanne and I had a great time. Good movie, good time and some new good friends.

I plan on hosting next month. I am thinking about doing it the weekend of the 22nd. My schedule in March is pretty tight and am not sure any other time works for me.

I will check with my better half and let you know. I thought the way that you did it, potluck and conversation followed by demos, the movie and then conversation wrap up was good. Unless someone else has a better plan I think that I will stick with that format.

I will post official invitation in a few days, when I re-verify time availability.

Roger

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
anymore news on this weekend the 22nd?? haven't seen anyone post here in a while just wondering what the plans are.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
I could possibly pull something off here in a few weeks it would have to be relatively small though around 6 people or so. I've got to see whats going on though, I'm up for a promotion here and may be moving to Everett very soon.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
Well made it past the Phone interview thats the worst part now I just gotta go interview with one of the supervisors there, but looks very good I'll be starting on the 17th if all goes well.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks