What's new

Seasons Released Scorecard: Starsky 4, MFU 0, Fugitive 0, Untouchables 0 (1 Viewer)

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
Anyone want to take a crack at this one? Other than that Sony actually knows how to put out product and Warner and Paramount don't.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
What the F is MFU? It would be nice if you clarify what shows you're talking about instead of abbreviating them ...

michael_ks

Screenwriter
It is if you are an U.N.C.L.E. fan like me...Actually, all Michael had to do was type MFU, F, U and I would have known what he was talking about. (Uh, at least I think so...let's not go there...)

Getting to the matter at hand, yes, it is indeed shameful that these classics have yet to be announced for an official release. I'm also getting concerned because of shifting demographics and the perceived 'anachronistic' character these series are being viewed in--after all, of the 12 seasons represented (4 for each show), 8 of them are in (horrors!) B & W.

MFU would seem the most likely candidate for release in '07, but I'm not holding my breath on the Anchor Bay/Warners fiasco getting worked out anytime soon. As for 'The Fugitive', well that show just HAS to be released at some point as it would be patently ridiculous to ignore perhaps the penultimate TV drama of all time...

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
Starsky had the recent film to piggy back off. Guess it prompted a few people to buy the original TV series as well.

You see this with other shows as well.
Universal delayed Season 2 of Miami Vice to tie in to the film's release.
Mission Impossible TV series seem to be being delayed so Paramount can tie in the Season 1 release to Mission Impossible 3's DVD release later this year.

I'm sure if the rights were ever resolved an a film or TV remake of Man from Uncle appeared the DVDs of the old TV series would make a sudden appearance.

michael_ks

Screenwriter
Well, theatrical versions of "The Fugitive" and "The Untouchables" were released over 15 years ago. So where does that leave the fans of the original series? One would hope that Paramount wouldn't be stupid enough to think "oh well, no chance to capitalize with these two series", but you never know with studios.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks