Season Finale!!!!! Sopranos Show #13 "WhiteCaps"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steven Simon, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Steven Simon

Steven Simon Producer

Steven Simon
    10:15pm EST

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Please remember that this season finale run for about 75-80 minutes long, so if you record it via VCR, set your VCR to record a 90 minute block at the normal start time.

I hope some serious stuff goes down in tonight's season finale.

Will Paulie come clean with Tony, or will Tony try and whack Carmine?

Will Uncle Junior get sent up the river?

Will Christopher be "recovered" or did he get "turned while in "rehab"?

Will Paulie and Silvio make up?

Will the NY and NJ mob families duke it out?

Who gets it in the black SUV?

Will Bobby get food poisoning from eating Karen's Ziti that's been sitting in the freezer for over half a year?

Will Janice be obnoxious and self-serving?

Will Carmela get over herself (maybe finally get diagnosed for menopause)?

Will AJ find a clue?

Will Meadow break her leg skiing?

3. RonR

RonR Stunt Coordinator

Will Adriana get a new dog? [​IMG]
    Let's rock!

4. Jason_Els

Jason_Els Screenwriter

Amazing scenes with Tony and Carm. Made me very, very sad. Powerful acting. I could just feel the years slipping through their hands and what love left withering away.
    That SUV turned into yet another red herring.
    Is Chris really straight? Is Ade going to continue this? Still too much unanswered.
    Johnny's mad. Boo hoo. Tony better watch his back. If looks could kill!
    This has been a great episode and lays the groundwork for a season where we won't know who can and can't be trusted. Tony's getting it from all sides. I'm not happy with the situation. If Tony lives through the next season I'll be surprised.
    Here's to next season!! [​IMG]
    Anyone else on Cablevision have nasty drops and pixelation? Can't believe they couldn't handle the load. [​IMG]
    Amp my foot! That was a receiver! [​IMG] What speakers were those? And blaring Dean Martin?? Not exactly the most annoying music they could have chosen.

5. Bruce N

Bruce N Second Unit

[​IMG]

6. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

I thought it was a great episode but not a great season finale. It didn't have that special feel that I usually look for to bookend seasons.

The stuff with Carmela was very wrenching and the boat at the end was great - it made me want to go buy some Dean Martin albums. I think Johnny Sack's earned a dirt nap with his last tirade. He's gone too far over the line. I wasn't surprised that Junior got off. Once they got to the juror, it was a lock.

7. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Ill second that....
    [​IMG]
    This episode truly was all about the family.

8. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

It was alright, but was in line with the entire season. Not much happening and not very good compared with last seasons.

It was a good episode, but not season finale material. Overall I think the entire season was a letdown, it was overhyped and couldn't live up to the hype.

9. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Hmm...it was okay.
    Tony decides to buy a shore house.
    The whack job was a fake out, these are getting predictable.
    Carmine comes to his senses.
    Uncle Junior gets off with a hung jury and gets his mistrial. At home, he notices that Bobby and Janice are a bit too friendly and he sends Bobby on an errand to cool them off.
    Carmela gets a calls from Irina who spills the beans on Tony's extramarital affairs, and we're subject to an hour of 2 people now in the thralls of divorce. Tony is obstinate in wanting to stay in his house. The fireworks between Tony and Carmela recounting all the bad stuff that happened (infidelity and lifestyle), and Camela landed the big punch with the revelation that she had the hots for Furio. Tony missed with two roundhouse right's into the drywall.
    The shore house (named "Whitecaps") is being sold by a lawyer, who lives next door to Whitecaps. When Tony decides against buying the house, the stupid lawyer tries to squeeze Tony for the $200K deposit. Tony has his boat out just off shore playing Dean Martin songs really really loud. This drives the lawyer's wife nuts. Tony's gonna get his deposit back. [​IMG]
    Tony finally decides that it's for the best to leave his house.
    Johnny Sacks is pissed that Tony called off the hit.

10. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    YES, this is the second or third week in a row where I had that problem! [​IMG] Oh well, time to move on to Satellite!
    I though the show was very good except like others have posted, a little slow in the sense of a big season ending climax with whacks and such.
    I was almost stunned to see the scene where Janice is in the kitchen with Bobby, I think I just lost any respect I had for him. I also think Uncle Junior is on to her crap.
    So now how long until the next season???

11. Steven Simon

Steven Simon Producer

Steven Simon
    I have very few words to say about this season. Boring...

12. Colin-H

Colin-H Second Unit

This episode fooled everyone... most people I know were taking bets on who was gonna get whacked this week, and what happens? NO ONE gets it. The only killing was to keep word of the plans for Carmine from spreading. I think the writers did us a great deed by not sticking with the formula they'd followed for final episodes in past seasons.

13. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

Let me get this straight...No one gets whacked in the season finale????

If this is true, this show really has toned down.

14. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

15. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I Know I know the Detractors who expected multiple Whackings are going to be in here saying this whole season was all Set up for the finale year and they are correct but what a set up. I never really forsaw Tony leaving his own house. The acting tonight especially from Falco and JG was certainly Emmy Worthy. Especially Falco. I Can see both sides of the issue Tony ad a point and Carmela knew it that she knew who she'd marry. Why do I get the Suspicion that Junir might get off'd by janice and Janice might be the only Soprano left standing when the dust clears. Good show tonight and Fascinating Developments I cannot wait for the Final Season. Now Bring On OZ and Six Feet Under.

16. Carl Miller

Carl Miller Screenwriter

17. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Before the start of Season 4, there were interviews with Chase where he said he envisioned Season 4 and 5 as one big "season". So if the season is 26 episodes long, then we're still in the "laying the groundwork" portion of it.
    But you have to realize, this episode represents an important turning point for Tony Soprano. He'll have to contend with the divorce, but he's now out of his personal family, and that means he's got plenty of time for organizing some crimes! [​IMG]

18. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Guys inthe Grand themes of things of what the Sopranos was and Is all about this was a huge episode. The 1st Season laid out was this show was all about. Family.
    It was about the Tony trying to hold his Family Together despite his career. Now this as all Shattered. is Professional Family is in No Better Shape. Look at where this family was in the first Seasonand where it is now. Things Have definately progressed. And if all your looking for is whacking you are watching the Wrong Series.

19. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

20. Brett_A

Brett_A Stunt Coordinator

The seperation aspect between Carm and Tony is very intriguing for how it will play out next season but I don't think we were left with enough tension amongst the other players. With the extended episode there should have been more IMO. Although well acted there was too much back and forth between Tony and Carm. Oh well another year wait. [​IMG]