What's new

Search/Probe/Search Control and Name of the Game - Any chance of a release? (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
It's good to see that Probe (not to be confused with the 80's TV series Probe) is being released on DVD.

mark-edk

Second Unit
I watched the Archive release of Probe last night, and was quite pleased with how vivid the colors were. Not a pristine print but it looked good to me. I'm not sure which cut it was but I suspect it was the first, before they knew a series would be picked up. The only thing that didn't seem right about it: the commercial breaks. They are really sudden. It looked to me like they had taken the show and re-edited it to remove the commercial breaks and make it flow like a standard movie. Then someone decided to put the breaks back in. That's how clumsy the breaks appear.

It would be nice if they were able to release the rest of this series. I seem to recall that about half way thru its run, either to save money or try to bump up ratings, all of Burgess Meredith's assistants at Probe Control were fired except for Angel. The rest of the crew was replaced by one guy! And the set was made less high-tech as well. I have no idea why anyone thought that would improve the show's appeal.

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
Does anyone know how well this release did and whether we will be getting the TV series on DVD anytime soon? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks