What's new

Search for The Final Countdown (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
[rant]UPDATE![/rant]

During the 5 o'clock hour in Tim Cook's time zone (7-ish my time zone), Tim called and left a message for me at my work #.

He stated, simply, that the DVD would be released in 2 or 3 weeks, and that the delay was due to "Technical Errors". He did not elaborate further. He stated that they did not want to ship the disc and then have a lot of returns due to technical problems, so the shipping has been delayed 2-3 weeks.

He invited me to return the call to him, and gave me the phone # at PFE but not his direct extension.

I will continue to try to raise him on the phone and discuss one-on-one. Sigh.

Richard Ringenbach

Stunt Coordinator
DAVID,

Thank you for the update!I have called several times and never got an answer yet! I have left my e-mail address hoping they would at least have the courtesy to answer me by e-mail,since I live in Qhio. What really burns me up is I am one of the ones that promised to order the movie if they put it on DVD and I kept MY word and preordered it!

Thanks again!

Richard Ringenbach

Jim Douglas

Second Unit
Any news on this title? I was going to order it but have gotten cold feet till I hear something firm about the release date.

Later

Jim

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Frankly, guys, I haven't had any more time to call from work lately...we have a new customer coming on-line tomorrow and I've had to get ready for them.

I'll still be quite busy once they get started...perhaps even busier. So, all I can say is that I myself am very interested in this title, but it's just one title and I'll try to find time to follow-up...but there's no guarantees.

Thanks guys,

Richard Ringenbach

Stunt Coordinator
Update,

I just got a call from Micheal at PFE and he stated that the "FINAL COUNTDOWN" will be coming out in approximately 2 weeks.I hope maybe Bill Hunt (Digital Bits ) can keep us posted,even though he seems to be discussed with the issue. I sure appreciate what he has done already! Also thank you David for your updates.

Richard Ringenbach

Fred_C

Agent
I just got off the phone with PFE, i called the direct number for Tim Cook but got someone else instead(someone with an accent a little difficult to understand). This person didn't know anything about the Jan.15th. release date. But did say the DVD will not be ready for another 2-3 weeks. Claims the problem was with the color rendition, didn't come out quite right so they are re-doing. I don't know exactly what that means, but it's not a good sign.

Sorry I can't provide anything further, but the gent on the phone didn't seem interested in answering questions.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Tim Cook is aparently now dodging the issues even though "he" offered to answer everyones questions!

If they haven't finished doing a fix, I wonder if they will attempt to include at least the trailer as an extra since the Region 4 version has it?

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
This is really pathetic!

Almost 4,000 hits to read this thread and only a few "different" people have shown any interest in the title to make a post... even after I have pointed out that it appears no one really cares?

What's pathetic is that you're venting your frustration out on the wrong people.

I'm interested to see what happens before I even consider ordering. You chose to send your money before having any idea what the finished product would be like and that's fine. That was your choice. Some people operate differently. I personally would like to see a review before departing with my cash.

I am truly hopeful that things will pan out with this title. It's a shame they can't work out some distribution deal to get it out to retailers.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I too am taking the "wait and see" attitude towards this DVD. I really want to have a copy in my collection but I want to read a few reviews before I part with any of my hard earned money.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
If this title ever actually is released, it has the potential to become a collector's item, I'll bet of considerable value. It might be worth taking a shot.

Jim Douglas

Second Unit
I've tried the PFE website the last two days and haven't been able to get through. Keep getting the page not found error. Anbody heard any news yet? I'll order as soon as I hear something positive.

Thanks

Jim

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I was just at their site last nite, and upon reading your post I went to their site again to make sure. Yep, it's still there. Still not a change in wording for the past 3 months or so.
As an update to my calls to Tim Cook (x222) and Michael Lane (x231): I've had no success in getting either one to answer the phone. I call every blue moon, at odd and different times of the day, to see if I can catch them picking up the phone. Nope. I am loathe to leave messages any more. IF they are returned, which they're not anymore, it's purposely to miss me (to explain better: the two callbacks I got seemed to be calculated to be so late as to be when I'm not there, and they just left me a message that "there was a defect and it's being fixed and we'll ship it 'next week' we hope"). I have lost track of who said what when, because there really has been nothing new to report, and my call attempts are getting less and less frequent.
Other HTF members are now getting more info that me, and as we see from the posts it ain't much. :rolleyes
I'm just about ready to give up on this one, guys...as much as I would LOVE to own the film in even the most bare-bones edition. If someone else digs up some hard info, great. But my time to call these bozos has been quite limited for the past few weeks, and with the lack of success I'm just not getting motivated to keep trying. I'm getting bitter about it. Sorry.
Too bad. They are missing out on potential sales by simply admitting that they have a problem and showing their dedication to customer service by addressing it with potential buyers. This hiding act is making us all lose faith in them, and that's no way to encourage patronage.

Richard Ringenbach

Stunt Coordinator
UPDATE,

I got a message from Micheal today telling me that the problem in the lab should be rectified by the end of February.He said he would try to keep me posted on any updates.Hopefully they will get the problem fixed by then!

Richard Ringenbach

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I've been following this thread from the beginning, but I have to say I don't care anymore. If I see this movie in best buy some day while I'm wandering the aisles I'll pick it up, but I'm not going to go out of my way to preorder something that may or may not ever come out. A real production house should have done this movie instead of some mom-and-pop job. Sorry guys I'll spend my money on some other movie. :frowning:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I've been following this thread from the beginning, but I have to say I don't care anymore. If I see this movie in best buy some day while I'm wandering the aisles I'll pick it up, but I'm not going to go out of my way to preorder something that may or may not ever come out. A real production house should have done this movie instead of some mom-and-pop job. Sorry guys I'll spend my money on some other movie.
Gotta agree with you Mike. Based on PFEs handling of the situation with this title so far, I'd be willing to bet that the "final" product (pun intended!) won't even be worth the wait. If they're still resolving "technical problems" with the authoring of the disc, then they haven't even started pressing it yet. Who knows when it will go into actual production, much less be available for purchase.

Why these people didn't sell the rights to a studio like Anchor Bay is beyond me. I think they'll find that they made a big mistake trying to produce this disc on their own. What a shame. I really like the film, but I'm not willing to perform a circus act to get my hands on a copy. Sorry PFE.

DP

John Stone

Supporting Actor
Mike & Doug, I feel the exact same way. As much as I was looking forward to this title, I just don't care anymore. I will never give PFE my credit card number. If I see it at a B&M one day, I'll pick it up (if it's OAR and 16x9 enhanced). I can understand delays, but in this day and age I just don't trust a company that has trouble with basic communication. I also understand that PFE charged credit cards of the people who pre-ordered when they don't even have a product ready to ship! That's inexcusable.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Jan 15 was the street date. Then it was stretched to "a couple more weeks"

Being generous, that would have been Feb 7. It IS now 2 weeks after that.

And yes, the end of the month is but a week away...IF March 1 comes and goes with no disc or NO WORD...then Fuhgedabowdit!

Or maybe ANCHOR BAY can get it off of PFE real cheap...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks