What's new

Sea Hunt (1 Viewer)

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
DeWilson said:
DVD-R? Guess this must be a "quick fix" untill they go an run another batch of pressed discs.
DeWilson: That's my take on it too, although I have not received any confirmation from TGG Direct. There was a glitch with one of the episodes on the Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century Complete Series release from Mill Creek Entertainment. When I notified them of the issue, the mailed me a DVD-R replacement disc right away followed by a pressed disc several months later. I'm hoping TGG Direct will do the same thing (although I hope the time frame is shorter!). Darby

JeffT.

Screenwriter
"Ex-Navy frogman Mike Nelson (Lloyd Bridges) is a freelance scuba diver who outwits villains, salvages anything from a bicycle to a nuclear missile from the sea and rescues those trapped underwater. The series ignited the craze for recreational scuba diving at a time when it was still new. Each episode brought adventure and included pleas to viewers to understand and protect marine environment. Since no dialogue was possible during the underwater sequences Lloyd Bridges provided voiceover narration. SEA HUNT became the most successful firstrun syndicated tv show of all time."--The packaging descriptive literature from the TGG Direct Home Entertainment SEA HUNT - THE COMPLETE SEASONS ONE THROUGH FOUR DVD sets. I finally received the SEA HUNT seasons two through four sets with season one still to be sent (hopefully when the missing episode issue is correctly resolved). After a long wait and seemingly insurmountable problems it appears that a long sought after dream is about to be become a realized ambition. My personal thanks to all the forum members in this particular discussion thread who conscientiously and capably assisted in making this desired goal a reality! Jeff T. :D

David Com

Agent
I received a replacement disc from TGG yesterday and it was a pressed disc. The missing episode is there, and everything looks good!

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I received notice from Amazon today that my Sea Hunt Season 1 order has shipped. I already have Seasons 2-4.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
hypnohighball said:
Some of us will be anxious to know if your season one is the fixed version! :)
I'm one of them! I plan to get this one as a B-Day Present from me to myself this August (Along with a few other DVDs)! :D

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
David Com said:
I received a replacement disc from TGG yesterday and it was a pressed disc. The missing episode is there, and everything looks good!
David: Glad to hear you received a pressed disc and that it has the missing episode. I have emailed TGG Direct again requesting a pressed replacement disc, so hopefully they will send me one soon so that I not just stuck with having the DVD-R one they sent me earlier. Darby

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone received the S1 set recently? I was wondering if recent sets are being shipped with the replacement disc from S1. I'm thinking about getting the sets after comparing an A/B test vs the TV captures from "This" TV.

The comparison is fairly close but the main advantage with the studio sets will be the absence of the Sta Bug.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I have now received my Sea Hunt Season 1 set. The Disc 4 problem appears to be cleared up as "The Pressure Suit" is not the same episode as The Hero".

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
After sending a few emails to request a pressed replacement disc, I finally called TGG Direct at (856) 669-2561 and received a pressed placement disc a few days later and it plays just fine.

Darby

JeffT.

Screenwriter
With the correction in the SEA HUNT season one 5-disc set now apparently implemented it is still not clear in my understanding whether this was done on standard DVD or DVD-R.

Could you kindly clarify this?

Jeff T.

:rolleyes:

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
ChrisALM said:
I have now received my Sea Hunt Season 1 set. The Disc 4 problem appears to be cleared up as "The Pressure Suit" is not the same episode as The Hero".
Thanks for the info.
Darby67 said:
After sending a few emails to request a pressed replacement disc, I finally called TGG Direct at (856) 669-2561 and received a pressed placement disc a few days later and it plays just fine.

Darby
Thanks for the phone # info. It's good to have this in case I need to talk directly to a rep for the issue.

JeffT. said:
With the correction in the SEA HUNT season one 5-disc set now apparently implemented it is still not clear in my understanding whether this was done on standard DVD or DVD-R.

Jeff T.

Good question. I can't recall if someone mentioned it previously in the thread.

I think I've decided to get these either way but I had to think about it due to the transfer comparisons that I did with the TV capture copies. I'll almost always prefer a studio release vs off-air captures.

Looking forward to watching Mike Nelson's adventures with the TGG sets soon.
357le0p.jpg

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
JeffT. said:

Jeff T.

Jeff:

It looks like those of us who contacted TGG Direct early on received a DVD-R replacement disc (I'm not sure if this was intended as a temporary fix until the pressed copies were ready, although I tend to think that this was their intention), but now the replacement discs being sent out are pressed ones. If you had received a DVD-R one, just call them and they will send a pressed disc. Additionally, a phone call now appears to get you a faster turnaround than an email.

Darby

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Got through to someone on the phone and they promised to send out a replacement disc straightaway.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
I checked yesterday and discovered that I have the Disc 4 which repeats an episode. I called TGG Direct and they promised to send me a replacement tomorrow or Monday.

JeffT.

Screenwriter
Today I checked my SEA HUNT season one 5-disc set and both "The Hero" (21/06/58) and "Pressure Suit" (05/06/1958) were there intact minted on a standard DVD. As far as can be ascertained each disc housed in the two plastic containers provided has its own individual slip case.

So I guess that means genuine closure at last!

Someday I will actually take the time to watch them.

Jeff T.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks